Bricscad Linux woes

Bricscad beta 16.0.07-01 crashed this morning as did v15.3.09 before it. Mostly this occurs when closing any file. What has been your experience?

Still a nice product. I like the Ribbon and many of the new features. I just try to avoid closing anything until I am finished.

Comments

• Bricscad beta 16.0.07-01 is running on OpenSuse LEAP42.1 while v15.3.09 runs on OpenSuse 13.2
  • Hello Brian,

Can you report this in a support request, and attach a backtrace?

During V15 lifetime we have fixed several hard-to-reproduce crash-on-close issues, but apparently you still suffer from it.
    We will continue working on stability of document closing.  Possibly BricsCAD has OpenSuse-specific vulnerabilities.

Kind Regards
    Tijs
  • Hello Brian,

Can you report this in a support request, and attach a backtrace?

During V15 lifetime we have fixed several hard-to-reproduce crash-on-close issues, but apparently you still suffer from it.
    We will continue working on stability of document closing.  Possibly BricsCAD has OpenSuse-specific vulnerabilities.

Kind Regards
    Tijs

I have lost detail of the procedure for capturing the backtrace thanks.
  •  I'm having the same difficulties, V15.3 fixed most of it but still the occasional crash. Usually when printing to pdf. I'm using export to pdf more to avoid that situation. Sometime when closing one of multiple(tabbed) open drawing files. I'm saving at those moments of possible occurrence to avoid losing work. I'm also experiencing the reduced flyout syndrome. Never had an issue with it until V15? 

Running V16.0.7-1 amd 64, Linux Mint 17.2-64 on  Acer B113 i5-3317U @ 1.7GHx2 (Asus monitor and Logitech keyboard/mouse)

• @James Cameron:
     I'm having the same difficulties, V15.3 fixed most of it but still the occasional crash. Usually when printing to pdf. I'm using export to pdf more to avoid that situation. Sometime when closing one of multiple(tabbed) open drawing files. I'm saving at those moments of possible occurrence to avoid losing work.

His .....hitting save all the time now, or risk the prospect of loosing some of your work.

I'm also experiencing the reduced flyout syndrome. Never had an issue with it until V15?

Sorry but flyout is .....?

Running V16.0.7-1 amd 64, Linux Mint 17.2-64 on  Acer B113 i5-3317U @ 1.7GHx2 (Asus monitor and Logitech keyboard/mouse)

Do you find - in some situations - you cursor sometimes leaves a path or trace?

• hitting save all the time now, or risk the prospect of loosing some of your work.

I do have the occasional crash (BricsCAD 15 closes without warning) but not always for the same reason, and usually not reproducible.
    To minimize loss I set "save time interval" to 5 minutes (it can be even less), it's easier than remembering to hit "save" often. 
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!