Typing text in a text file, excel or a .CSV file. Then linking it to BricsCAD

Hello.
Has anybody got a plug-in or a method that allows text in BricsCAD to be linked to a .TXT, .CSV or an excel file?
CADig AutoField currently doesn't work with BricsCAD.

Regards
Dallas

Comments

• To reference the content of a text file rtexts can be used.
    See: http://b-k-g.nl/bkg_rtext.html
  • Thanks for that Roy.
    Regards
    Dallas
  • Dear Dallas,

In an email you have requested a solution for the display of custom texts in mtext fields. Since this is obviously related to this topic I have decided to answer here. That way more users can benefit from this information.

I think there are two approaches that can work.

A. Add custom dwg properties
    This is the easiest solution but the texts are stored in the drawing file.
    Start the _DWGPROPS command and on the 'Custom' tab add your own properties.
    When inserting a field expand the 'Document' node and select the name of a property.

B. Use Lisp variables
    This solution requires some Lisp code, but once set up is quite flexible.
    See the attached zip file.
    If you already have an on_doc_load.lsp, add the content of the file in the zip to the existing file. You can enter this in the Command Bar to find the existing file:
    (findfile "on_doc_load.lsp")
    If you do not have an on_doc_load.lsp you can copy the file from the zip to a folder in the search path. If you are in doubt about which folder to use, you can use this one (enter code in the Command Bar):
    (vl-filename-directory (findfile "on_doc_load_default.lsp"))
    Copy the file FLV_Vars.lsp to a project folder (= folder with dwg files).
    Open FLV_Vars.lsp and change the path of the text file so that it point to an actual file. Note that you can also put your custom texts in FLV_Vars.lsp as demonstrated by the *FLV_MyText01* and *FLV_MyText02* variables.
    Open a drawing in the project folder. The Command Bar should now read: 'Field Lisp Variables (re)loaded'.
    To insert a Lisp variable as a field expand the 'Variables' node and choose "LispVariable'. The variables defined in FLV_Vars.lsp can now be selected.
    The code includes a command reactor which ensures that the Lisp variables are updates when certain commands are issued (_REGEN, _PRINT etc.).

I hope this helps.

Regards, Roy.
    www.b-k-g.nl

Field_Lisp_Variables.zip

•  Hi Roy.

Thanks for the info and data. I'm going to learn LISP.

Regards
    Dallas
  • ... You may need to add more commands to the list in the FLV_ReactorCallBack function.
    One obvious candidate: "UPDATEFIELD"
  • ROY. OK. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. 

NOW I HAVE TEXT LINKED TO A .CSV FILE CELL. OK. THAT .LSP FILE YOU WROTE IS  VERY USEFULL. I HAVE PAID MONEY FOR THIS FUNCTIONALITY WITH AUTOCAD IN THE PAST. 
     I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU CAN DO THIS SO QUICKLY AND A  SOFTWARE COMPANY WHO ADVERTISES CAN'T DO IT. 
    MAYBE THEY HAVE ISSUES WITH THE GUI. WITH AUTOIT I CAN SET THIS UP SO I CLICK A CELL AND IT PUTS AN MTEXT IN THE DRAWING FAST. 

WELL DONE.

REGARDS
    DALLAS

This discussion has been closed.