error "C:\Program Files\BricsCAD V16en_US\bricscad.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

I install BricsCAD v16 32 bit trial. My system: winxp 32 bit. Run program, get error "C:\Program Files\BricsCAD V16en_US\bricscad.exe is not a valid Win32 application."
Help me!

Comments

• Running on Windows XP does not seem to be supported in BricsCAD 16. See this item in the FAQ.

If you want to avoid the later Windows versions (don't blame you, although Win7 is pretty good), several flavors of Linux are on the minimum-requirements list.
  • BricsCAD V16 isn't supported on Windows XP. I'm not sure on the details, but there are technical reasons as to why. You can however you can run BricsCAD V15 on XP, which will give you a good idea of what you can do with BricsCAD. You can do this by going to the Bricsys website www.bricsys.com and from the download option select ‘Download another version?’ , then select the ‘Older version’ option.

Before you install check that you have completely patched XP to SP3, otherwise V15 won't install.

BricsCAD V15 provides the same trial period, and if you purchase, V16 licenses can be used to activate older versions.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

• I thank you ALL. I am clearly!
  • OT but very important.

If this computer is connected anyhow to the internet , dump XP asap.
    This platform is a target for all those who are finding still open exploits and Microsoft does not fix it.
    Upgrade to windows 7 or 10.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!