Magic Mouse support?

As I am very happy with my iMac and its Magic Mouse, I would like to use it for BricsCAD as well. I have installed MagicPrefs to get access to the Pan command (by pressing left and right mouse button at the same time) and I could be very happy now.
BUT:
Zooming by the Magic Mouse is nearly impossible. The mouse is extremely sensitive and you just have to move your finger a little bit to activate the zoom function.
It is also extremely fast, the speed of zooming makes it nearly impossible to use.

So what can I do?
There is no possibility to adjust zoom speed or sensitivity in OS X (I do not know any other mac program that makes use of zoom functionality in this way).
Is there any setting possibility inside BricsCAD to adjust the behavior of the mouse?

Thanks for your help,
Peter

Comments

•  We are an office of 15 and we currently use BricsCAD on Windows via Parallels on our iMacs but want to move to the native Mac version as we have on-going issues working in Parallels. We have been trailing the native Mac version but also have considerable issues controlling the zoom function. Is there a way the sensitivity can be adjusted within BricsCAD? Works fine on the Windows version with the same Magic Mouse.
  • Peter - after a bit of digging I've found the following which seems to help the issue.

First, change the zoom factor. Type in Options in BricsCAD and go to BricsCAD Drawing > Drafting > Display / Viewing > Viewing > then change the zoom factor to a lower number (I put mine at 15).

Also this article led me to an add-on that expands the Magic Mouse preferences and you can create a middle button on the mouse to enable panning
    I installed the Magic Prefs software form here: http://magicprefs.com/

Hope that helps!

As I am very happy with my iMac and its Magic Mouse, I would like to use it for BricsCAD as well. I have installed MagicPrefs to get access to the Pan command (by pressing left and right mouse button at the same time) and I could be very happy now.
    BUT:
    Zooming by the Magic Mouse is nearly impossible. The mouse is extremely sensitive and you just have to move your finger a little bit to activate the zoom function.
    It is also extremely fast, the speed of zooming makes it nearly impossible to use.

So what can I do?
    There is no possibility to adjust zoom speed or sensitivity in OS X (I do not know any other mac program that makes use of zoom functionality in this way).
    Is there any setting possibility inside BricsCAD to adjust the behavior of the mouse?

Thanks for your help,
    Peter
  • Andy's comments work, I set my Magic Mouse zoom to 15 as well, but this zoom remains jerky because the zoom is probably programmed to work in synchrony with a detented zoom-wheel mouse. Also, unintended zooms often happen because the magic mouse is so sensitive (which is usually a great thing, except in this specific use-case). Bricscad is obviously capable of smooth zoom by mouse since you can select a "smooth" zoom under as a real-time motion option form the toolbar, menu or quad, and get it that way, and you can also create a key board shortcut to enable realtime motion zoom, so there are many options. 

If you want buttery smooth zoom, pan etc all the time, the 3Dconnexion Space Navigator works perfectly in Bricscad for OS X, and its not very expensive to buy, around a hundred bucks US.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!