QUAD moving away and/ or disappears

Hello guys and gals.

I like the idea of QUAD, but whatever configuration I have used, I have never managed to make it usable the way it should be.
QUAD is always moving away from the cursor and/ or disappearing. That is one big issue.
Another thing is that QUAD would not show edit - options for polylines when hovering above one. Sometimes it does, sometimes not.
QUAD behaves very inconsistent in its way of working.

Has anybody a hint how to use/ configure it in order to work better?

thanks,

Clemens

Comments

• Hello Clemens,

The quad has been substantially redesigned in V16.2.
    The quad position and size was inherently 'shifty' by its vertical arrangement in categories of different height.
    From the release notes of BricsCAD(Windows) V16.2.03:

QUAD TABS: a new tabbed layout is used for the Quad, providing faster access to each group, and preventing that the Quad moves up or down as categories are expanded. At the top of the Quad a new info field shows information about the currently hovered/selected entities, making it easier to follow why certain commands become available/not available in the Quad. When the cursor is hovered over multiple entities, pressing the TAB key allows to iterate through the entities and see their entity type being displayed in the Quad. If also Rollovertips is activated, additional properties of hovered entities are displayed along.

You can see screenshots of the new quad at "Intelligent Quad cursor".

BricsCAD V16.2 is not yet released on Mac OSX, but it has been published as beta V16.2.04.

Regards
    Tijs
  •  Hello Thijs.

Thanks for your reply.
    I would love to try the Beta version you were referring to.
    What are the needed steps to be able to participate in the Beta program?

regards,

Clemens
  • Hello Clemens,

The quad has been substantially redesigned in V16.2.
    The quad position and size was inherently 'shifty' by its vertical arrangement in categories of different height.
    From the release notes of BricsCAD(Windows) V16.2.03:

QUAD TABS: a new tabbed layout is used for the Quad, providing faster access to each group, and preventing that the Quad moves up or down as categories are expanded. At the top of the Quad a new info field shows information about the currently hovered/selected entities, making it easier to follow why certain commands become available/not available in the Quad. When the cursor is hovered over multiple entities, pressing the TAB key allows to iterate through the entities and see their entity type being displayed in the Quad. If also Rollovertips is activated, additional properties of hovered entities are displayed along.

You can see screenshots of the new quad at "Intelligent Quad cursor".

BricsCAD V16.2 is not yet released on Mac OSX, but it has been published as beta V16.2.04.

Regards
    Tijs

When is V16.2 availible for Mac?

• When is V16.2 availible for Mac?

I started creation of V16.2.07 BETA for mac.
    It will be another beta, since V16.2 updates that were meanwhile published for windows contain quite a lot.
    But I expect that after this beta version, a release can follow quickly.

I am aware that we are running late with releasing V16.2 for mac/linux.
    There is a direct reason: we are restructuring our development process considerably.
    Our mac/linux team has grown in size and we are restructuring the way we work.
    This requires an initial investment, which causes some delay.
    But soon we should be back with improved response time.

Kind Regards
    Tijs
  •  Hello Tijs,

I have been invited to be a BEAT tester.
    After testing V16.2.07 BETA for Mac I was impressed with the way QUAD works now. Other issues i was having with the stable release also seem to be solved.
    only problem is that this beta crashes randomly which makes it unusable by now for me.

Any way it is going the right direction.
    I was wondering how to contribute to the BETA releases. Is there a thread / forum?

regards,

Clemens
  • Hello Clemens,

for beta issues, you can simply enter a support request just like you would for a full release.

We have one particular known random crash in the current V16.2.04 beta.
    If you can see an error report, check whether this appears on top (or near to top) of the backtrace:
    __CFNOTIFICATIONCENTER_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_AN_OBSERVER__
    We already know how to avoid this crash in a next version.

Reports for other crashes are very welcome.

Mind that I did not publish V16.2.07 BETA yet, it is still in preparation.

Regards
    Tijs
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!