3D constraints: How to prevent the disapparance of faces?

One of the issues I have when working with 3D constraints is that faces, even faces with a dimensional constraint, can disappear. I have meanwhile found out that applying 'Rigid Set' constraints to combinations of faces or edges can help prevent this. But finding out where to apply this constraint can be quite a puzzle as it will obviously interfere with the parametric behavior of the model.

Attached is an under-constrained example to demonstrate the problem.
Test:
Change Distance_1 to 100, then to 300 and finally to 150.
The last change results in the loss of a constrained face.
In this case the problem can be solved by applying a 'Fix' constraint to the faces that are in the YZ and the XZ plane in the original drawing. I don't understand the logic that is at work here.

My question:
What is the most appropriate way to deal with this issue?

Comments

•  Hello Roy,
    We know about this issue and already working on it. As a workaround for your model you can change value smoothly 300 -> 200 -> 150
  • Aren't they wonderful - everything's 'can do' - and happens fast! How long can they keep it up, as the s/ware gets fatter, till it's almost unmanageably complex and interconnected, like Bentley?
  • @ Ilya: Thank you.

@ Tom: I am unsure how your comment is intended.
  • Masively appreciative, but aware how difficulties may accumulate.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!