Does anyone know how to fix this: Object of class AcDbDictionary can't be cast to AcDbViewport?

This message comes up when I try to open a file and then Bricscad crashes. I try the recover command and I get the same message.

Comments

• Is this just one file or many files?  If it is just one file then the file is probably damaged too much to be recovered.  If it is many files can you attach one here in the forum?  It would also help to know which version of Bricscad you are running.

• If you file a support request and attach the drawing, our analysts will be glad to investigate and help you.
    FYI, also during evaluation of BricsCAD you will get support.
  •  It's any cad file I open, then modify. Once I save and close out I can't open it back up without getting this message or a similar one.
    Attaching a file now.

A601.dwg

•  I'm using version 16. I've uninstalled Bricscad and then reinstalled the lasted version...a couple times.
  • You can insert the drawing as a block into another blank drawing.  That obviously isn't a solution to your drawing(s) getting corrupted, but it will let you retrieve your work(at least some of it). 

Note: that drawing will not open/recover in Autocad either, it's proper corrupted.

•  Thanks Chris! I'm just worried as I need to get to the root of the problem because this is happening every time I open, modify a file and save it. I even purge and audit it before closing.
  • If you have not filed a support request you need to.  Be sure to include the xref files.  The programming staff for Bricscad has the tools to look into the file and see what's wrong.

I'm not sure that using Autocad will fix this.  Using Autocad 2013 the file does not open and AUDIT does not work on the file. 

My best guess is that you either have a corrupted block that is being propagated, or you are using a DWG file that was created in something other than Autocad/Bricscad and there was something broken when it was converted to DWG format.  You might try going through each block that you are bringing into Bricscad one at a time to see if you can narrow the problem down to a specific block.
  •  Thanks! I've left multiple messages in my support request...patiently waiting for a response. I was hoping I'd hear back something within 24 hours. How do I determine if a block I use is bad? They are the same ones I've been using for 10+ years...it would take some time to go through them all. Would I need to just audit each one? Thanks for you help!
This discussion has been closed.