Autosave in Bricscad for MAC

Does BricsCad for Mac have Autosave. Also I find that BricsCad for Mac crashes a lot. I'm not finding it useful for serious work compared to the Windows version. Does any one feel the same way

Comments

• HiHector, 

yes there is an autosave-function. But mostly its not working.... 
    I agree with you that BricsCad for Mac crashes a lot and it´s difficult to work with it in a seriously way.... 

But all-in-all it´s my everyday-software and I´m looking forward, cause the BricsCad-guys still fixed a lot of things (publish to pdf and plot transparencies work now, +1 for that ;-)) and I hope that we will work with a very good software in some time...

• >But all-in-all it´s my everyday-software and I´m looking forward, cause the BricsCad-guys still fixed a lot of things (publish to pdf and plot transparencies work now, +1 for that ;-)) and I hope that we will work with a very good software in some time...

Thanks for the trust.  It is sometimes hard to chase platform-specific bugs in the many libraries we rely on (both our own and 3th party).  But we keep working on it.

Important restructuring is going on at the moment.  There are a few overall structural tasks that we have been saving for the transition from V16 to V17.
    Of course we do still work on V16 stability, and further V16.2 updates are planned, but some restructuring we just can't do within the same major version.

>Does BricsCad for Mac have Autosave.
    I am not sure what you mean, two variant meanings for the term "Autosave" are possible.

We have an automatic backup feature at timely intervals, configurable by SAVETIME and SAVEFILEPATH.

Autosave can also refer to the OSX feature AutoSave.  This feature is meant to relieve you from manually saving documents, and is typically used in combination with Versions or Time Machine.  It is not supported by BricsCAD at the moment.  It is currently not planned, although it has been requested before.  Further feedback whether this feature is desired is welcome.

Regards
    Tijs
  • Hi,
    another word about the autosave-problem.
    (->  >We have an automatic backup feature at timely intervals, configurable by SAVETIME and SAVEFILEPATH<  )

With my version (16.2.10) it just works if you have saved your file manually before. 
    (open your file -> save it (cmd+s) -> autosave works well)

Best,
    Marcus
  •  Does BricsCad for Mac have Autosave. Also I find that BricsCad for Mac crashes a lot. I'm not finding it useful for serious work compared to the Windows version. Does any one feel the same way

Yeah, horrible! Lost work for third time the other day.
    Publish crashes all the time and no auto backups or recover files indeed. I will have to buy an Airport and use Time Machine. And I will go back to Autodesk if not fixed, next year.
  •  It is a F****** disaster. Lost hours and hours of work, third time last night. Blame myself. Anyway. 
    - Publish - crashed almost every single time. When the work is done you want to pdf it, right? That needs to be a reliable feature.
    If not fixed this year I will return to AD.
    Please ad recovery files, please.
  • Linda,
    I know it can be extremely frustrating to lose work, but BCAD does have both autosave and an incremental backup setting.  If you open your Settings window to Program Options/Open and Save, you will see the line "Incremental Save Backup".  Check the box.  You can also set the time interval between saves.
    Then open the Program Options/Files window.  On the "Save File Path" line you can define where you want to save your backup and autosave files.  I create a specific folder where it is easy to find.  All of my .bak and .SV$ files are kept there.  See the two attached screen shots.

I'm using the Mac version, and have had a lot of problems with crashing while moving large blocks of text, blocks or xref items, so I've made a habit of saving just before I perform any of those kinds of operations.  I've found the tech staff very helpful in providing workarounds and solutions for many of the bugs I've encountered.  Those not solvable in the short term have often been added to the development team's list of tasks for the next update.  I've been a long time ACAD user, but since going to a solo practice, I'm not willing to buy into the Autodesk business model anymore.  I'm very hopeful that BCAD will continue to improve and iron out those irritating bugs.

I use the export function to create PDFs, one drawing at a time.  Takes a little longer if you have a lot of sheets or drawings, but pretty reliable.
    imageScreen Shot 2016-10-22 at 10.54.33 AM.png
    imageScreen Shot 2016-10-22 at 10.52.43 AM.png
This discussion has been closed.