Upgrading V12 Pro to V15 Pro

I have a user that left the company and he had V15 Pro on his computer. I would like to install that on another users computer that is running V12 Pro. I will be uninstalling V15 from the original computer. Will I have to uninstall V12 from the computer that I will be installing the V15 software on or can I install right over it?

Comments

• I upgraded from 13 to 14 without uninstall of v13.
    V14 installed in a separate, but adjacent directory under Program Files / Bricsys /
    No issues.
  • Bricscad versions typically install as separate programs and do not overwrite any existing version on the computer.  They recommend "unauthorizing" the existing installation before authorizing the new installation.
  •  Thank You for the information. I will give it a try and make certain to unauthorize V12

•  I want to make certain that I am doing the right steps in this process. What is the process for "unauthorizing" the old version of BricsCAD V12?
    Thanks
  • It is V15 on the old computer that needs to be unauthorized, not V12. 

In V15 click on HELP, then click on BricsCAD License.  In the License Manager pop-up there is a DEACTIVATE button.

• Martin is right, you will also need to deactivate your V15 license if you want to move it to another machine, which needs to be done before you uninstall the software. This video shows you how to do this: https://bricsys.tv/m/?transfer-your-license-m148

Prior to V14 a different license manager was used. To deactivate you license in V12, run the licence manager (LICPROPERTIES), then:
    • In the License dialogue pick the 'OK' button while holding down Ctrl + Shift buttons.
    • In the dialogue that opens, right click on the license, then pick 'Delete'

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

imageV12-RemoveLicense-02.png
    imageV12-RemoveLicense-01.png
This discussion has been closed.