BricsCAD Dual Monitors?

I would like to have two separate BricsCAD windows open on separate monitors. So far in searching online I haven't been able to accomplish this.

Using V 15.3.09 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Any help appreciated.

Kieran

Comments

•  Hi Kieran - I've been able to have a dialogue window on one screen and the graphics on the other. I didn't need to do anything special, just open the dialogue window from "View" on the top menu bar and "Open Text Window" then drag it to the other screen. I have not tried to have more than one graphics window. - Using Linux Mint DE and Bricscad Version 16.1.09 (x64) revision 41330
  •  Hi Kieran - I've been able to have a dialogue window on one screen and the graphics on the other. I didn't need to do anything special, just open the dialogue window from "View" on the top menu bar and "Open Text Window" then drag it to the other screen. I have not tried to have more than one graphics window. - Using Linux Mint DE and Bricscad Version 16.1.09 (x64) revision 41330

Thanks for the response John but I am looking to have 2 separate graphic windows.
  • Hello Kieran,

You could launch two BricsCAD instances.  To be able to do so, check the settings variable "singleton".  If it is disabled, you can launch a second BricsCAD.  If it is not disabled, disable it, close BricsCAD to store the setting (settings are flushed on close), then launch two instances.  Then move one of both sessions to your second screen.
    To allow different toolbar placement you could setup two workspaces.

Alternatively you could maximize BricsCAD over your two screens.  The maximize button will probably not do this, instead drag the edge of the window 'manually'.  Is this possible for you?  I guess it depends on your dual monitor setup and/or window manager.
    Then after maximizing BricsCAD, open two documents, right click on the active document tab and select tile vertically.  Then drag the divider between the two windows to match the border between your two screens.  The window positioning and use of the two screens is not ideal but it goes a long way.

Regards
    Tijs
  •  If you would like to work on same file using 2 monitors (and dropping property palette, text dialog window and other tools to second monitor  is not good enough). 

I would try this : stretch Bricscad window over 2 (or more) screens. Use "viewports" command to split the main screen. It may not split on (or even close) to border between monitors, but you can still try to improve it be resizing and dragging Bricscad window. You may have issues of different resolution and colour (or perhaps different graphic cards governing each monitor). Biggest challange may be in zooming, particularly "zoom to fit" (zoom all). 

I hope it helps anyhow. 

All the Best 
    Marcin  
  • <

div>Thanks all for the responses! The following from Tijs did the trick. There was no need to edit the same drawing in two separate windows, all I wanted to do was edit separate drawings in separate windows.

Regards,

Kieran

<

blockquote class="Quote UserQuote">

@Tijs Vermeulen:
    You could launch two BricsCAD instances.  To be able to do so, check the settings variable "singleton".  If it is disabled, you can launch a second BricsCAD.  If it is not disabled, disable it, close BricsCAD to store the setting (settings are flushed on close), then launch two instances.  Then move one of both sessions to your second screen.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!