BricsCad v16.2.14-1 Linux Mint

Hello,
this is my frist post here.

I run trial on Linux Mint and it seems to be very slow. Starting program takes long all menu icons are apearing with a delay. After that when I am starting modeling all 3d solids are represented as black - which is not comfortable (I belive layer color white, is representive as black). Work is uncomfortable because of slow working.

Any idea why?

Comments

• Hi Karol - I hate unhelpful replies to messages, but this is one. I run bricscad Version 15.2.11 (x64) revision 39473 on Linux Mint DE (3.11-2-amd64) with no problems. It is fast and can handle very large files. I suspect the problem is not Linux Mint but might be hardware related - graphics card?
  • I have radeon HD7770 it should works fine.
  • Did you try installing a proprietary driver for your graphics card?
    Most linux distro's do not install proprietary drivers out of the box.
    RedSDK by Redway requires a proprietary driver for proper hardware acceleration.  (sometimes it just works with a non-proprietary driver, but only a proprietary driver is officially supported by Redway)
    BricsCAD uses RedSDK for most of its render modes.  How is the performance if you switch the Visual style to 2dWireframe?  That visual style does not use RedSDK. (in an open document, if nothing is selected, you can find visual style in the View section of the properties bar.)

See also our knowledge base article on minimum requirements: https://www.bricsys.com/support/#30a=65 especially the section "On Linux, 3D graphics hardware acceleration in RedSDK is supported on the following video chipsets".

If that does not help, please enter a support request, so we can further investigate.

Regards
    Tijs
This discussion has been closed.