Slice / Subtract Sheet-metal part

2»

Comments

• Ok got it. Changed the LUPREC setting and can see the gap.

But the mellting still happens and I'm using v17.1.07
  • ... Found the variable that controls this behavior: DMEXTRUDEMODE. If you change it 1 (V15-V17) or 3 (V17) you should be able to follow my video.
  • It worked when setting DMEXTRUDEMODE to 3. It creates a new solid though.

imagetest5(2).JPG
  • DMEXTRUDEMODE controls the default behavior, the 'Auto' mode of the DMEXTRUDE command.

You can override this Auto behavior at any moment during the DMEXTRUDE command execution: this is done by pressing the Ctrl key one or more times, the Tips widget displayed at the bottom of your screen will show which is the current extrude mode, and the dynamic display of the extruded solid(s) will change accordingly.
  • Oops... Repeating the steps of my video I now see that I am also creating a new solid. I didn't notice it before because it is so narrow. So it is not the 'ideal' method I was hoping for.
  • Sorry at the end I retract the right flange 20mm then pull out the excess 80mm to take away the polyline area. Finally I pull the right flange back 19.9 so they dont touch. Hope that makes sense.
  • Sorry at the end I retract the right flange 20mm then pull out the excess 80mm to take away the polyline area. Finally I pull the right flange back 19.9 so they dont touch. Hope that makes sense.

That worked for me Patrik, thanks again :)
This discussion has been closed.