Viewport with region technique not working when printing

Hi all,

when I make a viewport with the region technique (to cut a hole in my viewport) I get the correct placement on my computer screen. However, when I print it the hole is not visible (I just see the normal drawing).

What do I do wrongly?

Comments

• I have heard of regions, but not of viewports with a 'region technique'. Don't you just mean polygonal viewports?
    Can you post a dwg?
  • I have heard of regions, but not of viewports with a 'region technique'. Don't you just mean polygonal viewports?
    Can you post a dwg?

I made to regions and subtracted one from the other, after that I made this into a viewport. Now I have a hole in my viewport. However, when I do print (or preview) I do not see this hole.

see the example attached

Drawing2.dwg

• It is new to me that you can specify a region as the 'Object' in the _MView command. But apparently islands inside the region are ignored.
    To get a viewport with a hole I would use the 'Polygonal' option and draw the outline of a bold letter C with the two 'ends' of the letter touching.

•  Hi all,

when I make a viewport with the region technique (to cut a hole in my viewport) I get the correct placement on my computer screen. However, when I print it the hole is not visible (I just see the normal drawing).

What do I do wrongly?

Your method works in AutoCAD, but not in BricsCAD. I suggest that you raise a support request

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

• Bas,

Not sure I understand... So the goal is to exclude part of your model space object from view? I'm not familiar with using the REGION command in that context, and could not find anything about it in the help dialogs. I do know, as Roy suggested, that you can create polygonal viewports to exclude an area from view.

That said, I turned off your viewport layer, and obtained the following printout. Is that what you wanted?

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!