BricsCAD crashes when trying to save after changing layer linetype

BricsCAD crashes whenever I try to save the file after changing a layer's linetype setting.  Initially, I thought this only happened when changing xreffed file layer linetypes, but I realized it happens in drawings that have no xrefs too.  It has happened in multiple files (created by various consultants), so I know it is not specific to particular drawings.  I've never seen this happen in other cad programs.  I tried changing layer colors too and doing that (alone) does not crash BricsCAD when saving.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• BricsCAD version?
    Custom linetype?
  • The linetype I changed to initially was HIDDEN2, one of the BricsCAD standard linetypes available.  I then tried other types such as Phantom, Centerline, etc. loaded from BricsCAD and the problem occurred with all of them.  Initially everything looks fine after making the layer change (the line appears as whatever linetype I change to after exiting Drawing Explorer).  But, I see now that using REGEN or trying to switch between modelspace and paperspace causes it to crash just like saving does.  I also tried switching back to the original linetype before Drawing Explorer and that also causes BricsCAD to crash.  I'm using BricsCAD version 16.2.10.  I made the same changes using 16.1.08 on the same drawing previously and BricsCAD didn't crash.  I will say that I just tried to do this with a new drawing started from scratch and it didn't crash either, but there were only a couple lines in that drawing. 
  • Hello William,

Mind that the current release is V16.2.17.  V16.2.10 is quite old.  Please install the newest version and retry.
    I cannot reproduce in V16.2.17 - that does not necessarily mean it is fixed, we might need more information.
    If the problem still occurs in V16.2.17, please enter a support request.

Regards
    Tijs
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!