Any limitations with using pre-existing Dynamic blocks in v17?

I know that BricsCAD cannot author a dynamic block [dblocks], but that it can use them.  The last time I attempted to make use of some AutoCAD created dynamic blocks on v14, I ran into issues with some of the features I had needed in dynamic blocks. 

I am considering upgrading to v17, but before I put a lot of effort into learning all the features of dblocks, and testing all the various features and combinations of features, I thought it wise to just ask what BricsCAD can and cannot do with them. This way, if there is a particular behavior I need, and it is not supported, then I can avoid a lot of wasted effort.  If there are limitations that wold be a problem for me, an alternative approach is to use some custom programming to achieve a similar result, but dblocks would make it a lot easier.

I did ask support, but they referred the question to my local dealer, who really doesn't know dblocks well. Any one here know of any limitations to using pre-existing dynamic blocks?

-Joe

Comments

• I know that mirroring blocks with attributes is not working well at all in v17.  This is an issue they're aware of and have fixed in previous versions, but is currently not working.  We have at least one help request in for this currently.

Other than that, we haven't really run into anything major.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!