Flatshot problem V16

See attached pic. Flatshot can't seem to project the image correctly, leaving quite of bit of the lines out. Generating drawings in paper space does the same thing. On the less complicated pieces like this there is no problem. Anyone encounter this at all? Sent this to tech support but no response yet. I'm in a bit of a crunch as I need to get 2D drawings of this done soon so if somebody has any ideas please let me know thanks!

Comments

•  I've had this issue for years and have submitted support requests over it. I was told that flatshot will not always produce the correct 2D line work. I love and need this feature so I continue to deal with the errors, but it would be nice to see it improve.
  • The AcisHlrResolution has an impact on the _FlatShot result. The default value is -1. Trying different values may improve the end result. You can change the value in the dialog of the command or via the _Settings command.
  •  Thanks Roy. Will try the resolution setting and see what happens.
  • FWIW: I have no problem with the FlatShot command and a similar model (AcisHlrResolution=-1).
  •  Changing that setting made no difference for me. For those that wish to try it attached is the dwg file.

Impeller External3D-ring2A.dwg

• The problem with your model is that none of the cylindrical faces are truly cylindrical. Maybe the model was imported, but you must have noticed that you cannot snap to the center of any of the edges that appear to be circular. It seems that _FlatShot stumbles over these faces (IMO it should not of course). In the attached drawing I have fixed the main cylindrical faces but not the small holes.

Impeller External3D-ring2A_RKG.dwg

•  Roy - the model was 3d scanned from the actual part, originally came in as STEP format. Had to translate it to SAT format for Brics to use, maybe that's the culprit I don't know. Weird thing is there are (5) of these rings different sizes but only this one gave flatshot a problem. Thank you for looking into it!

Something to note - I don't have Communicator yet, maybe being able to convert directly from STEP is the key.
  • Hello Tim,
    6 hours ago I posted a reply to your SR and attached a cleaned up version of your model to the SR.
    My impression is that you for some reason you were not notified?
    Best regards,
    Hans
  •  Hans - Don't know what's up with that, usually I get an email from the support staff. I'll check into your model - many thanks!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!