Sheet metal Stamping tools

Hi all,

Usually we find some stamping tools like Surface stamp, Punch & Die, Bead etc,as in other CAD/CAM flatforms.
That tools are very very important in Sheet Metal industries.so when can I expect in BricsCAD? 

Comments

• From what I understand these are "Form Tools".  V17 is apparently the first version to have them.   Do you have V17?  

I am just getting started with V17, and thus far, haven't had much luck.  When I clicked on the tool, it did NOT give me a list of forms.   I eventually found the tools buried in a hidden folder in my roaming user profile, but I think searching the path to a hidden folder is a bad way to get to the tools.  The settings should hold the path to the tools.

Also, I can't see anyway to set the parameters of the tools.  I added a extrusion to my sheet metal.   (need a threaded extrusion.)   I could not see any parameters to set the size of the thing....
  • From what I understand these are "Form Tools".  V17 is apparently the first version to have them.   Do you have V17?  

I am just getting started with V17, and thus far, haven't had much luck.  When I clicked on the tool, it did NOT give me a list of forms.   I eventually found the tools buried in a hidden folder in my roaming user profile, but I think searching the path to a hidden folder is a bad way to get to the tools.  The settings should hold the path to the tools.

Also, I can't see anyway to set the parameters of the tools.  I added a extrusion to my sheet metal.   (need a threaded extrusion.)   I could not see any parameters to set the size of the thing....

• Hello Jim,
    please have a look at this Bricsys TV movie on Sheet metal in V17:  https://www.bricsys.com/tv/m/?what's-new-in-sheet-metal-for-bricscad-m273

Around 1:30 you will see the Form Features tool palette in the lower right corner of the screen. After clicking a Form Feature tool in the palette, it will be hanging from your cursor, just drop it on the flange where you want to place it. The parameters of Form features can be modified afterwards in the Form properties panel, which you can see in the lower left corner, it is part of the Mechanical Browser.

To obtain a similar screen layout, ribbon layout and Quad commands as in the movie (highly recommended), please make sure you start up using the Sheet metal user profile ( see: Getting Started dialog).

One more tip: it is important to start any sheet metal project by creating a Base Flange, using the SmFlangeBase command. When hovering over this base flange, the Quad will recognize it as such and it will start to offer various commands from the sheet metal command set. As long as there is no base flange, the Quad menu will not contain these commands.

Hope this gets you on your way
  •  Viewed the video before even trying the tool.  Didn't work as advertised.  ( No list of tools.)  I eventually found the tools in a hidden user roaming folder, and attached some features to a base flange, but I can't edit anything, INCLUDING the base flange.   (Never had any problem with sheet metal in V15.)   I filed an SR a few days ago, and tech support has had us hunting around the registry, user profiles, etc.  Even installed an upgrade.  No cigar.   I do a lot of sheet metal design, and need the form features for a hot project.   Pushed management to upgrade my OS to 64 bit, so I could run V17, and they're waiting for me to produce results.

Incidentally, if you're wondering why I have duplicate posts, it's the damn banner (update personal information) I've been complaining about elsewhere.  Hoses up my posts here.
  • I finally solved the problem with the mechanical browser window.  I had to move the mechanical browser completely off the application window, and over the desktop to see the "splitter".  Then I could move the splitter upward so I can see the sheet metal and form tool parameters.  

So I can finally get going with my sheet metal design and learn how to use the new form tools.
  • I came to know about Progressive tooling, Metal stamping, tool & die and much more with this website https://www.eigenengineering.com/
    I should know about this tool BricsCAD. Interesting!

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!