SLIDE-PROBLEM (Command MSLIDE)

Hello,
we use Slides in our Selection-Menu to select Symbols.

Testing of our Application shows a drastic Error within BricsCAD. See Problem_Slide.jpg build with Bricscad
and noproblem_slide.jpg build with AutoCAD. In both Sytsem we used the Command MSLIDE
Has anybody a work arround?
Kind regards
Claus Müller

Comments

• I've never used Mslide. Is it just a way of making the current view into an image file? If so, you could use the PrintScreen key, which copies whatever's currently displayed (in any application, not just Bricscad) to the Windows clipboard. Then paste it into a new PNG or JPG file using Paint.net, Photoshop, or any image editor.

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited March 2017

The problem seems to be caused by the lines in the 'tankclose' block that extend well beyond the current view. The _MSlide command is unable to handle these properly. In some slides there are missing vectors, other slides (when viewed with the _VSlide command) even cause BricsCAD to freeze. You should send in an SR.

Two solutions:

1. _RefEdit the 'tankclose' block and mirror the upper white line (effectively reversing it). Strange solution, but somehow effective.
    2. Use the _XClip command, select all elements and create a rectangular boundary that matches the current view. Make sure the XCLIPFRAME setting is 0. The rest is simple: _Zoom+_Extents and then _MSlide.

The last solution is obviously the better of the two.

EDIT: I have tested with V14 and V16.

• Hi Claus,

I tested your drawing with V17.1.19, I didn't get the same results as you, but I did note some differences between a slide created in BricsCAD and one created in AutoCAD (see zips attached). If you toggle the background colour in BricsCAD between black and white, you will see the lines set to white display or not display. The same will happen with the BricsCAD generated slide in AutoCAD, but not with the AutoCAD generated slide. I assume that AutoCAD is dealing with lines of this colour differently.

An alternative to using a menu to place blocks is to use the drawing EXPLORER instead. The drawing explorer has a 'Folders' tab that allows you to create links to the folders that you have blocks in. There are a number of advantages to this approach:

• Its Dynamic, the drawing explorer will update automatically when you add new symbols.
    • Automatic preview, no need to create slides.
    • Can insert blocks from inside other drawings.
    • You can easily create Tool palettes of your blocks to make them more accessible.

I have a sample BricsCAD Setup on my website that demonstrates these features
    http://www.cadconcepts.co.nz/bricscad/bricscad-setup/

The following video shows how to work with blocks using the drawing explorer
    https://www.bricsys.com/tv/m/?insert-blocks-m90

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

• @Anthony Apostolaros said:
    I've never used Mslide. Is it just a way of making the current view into an image file? If so, you could use the PrintScreen key, which copies whatever's currently displayed (in any application, not just Bricscad) to the Windows clipboard. Then paste it into a new PNG or JPG file using Paint.net, Photoshop, or any image editor.

Sorry, you missunderstood the Point. We need *.sld Files to run our Application!!!!
    BricsCAD has got an Error producing them!
    Kind regards

This discussion has been closed.