Applying materials

Rodolphe Simon
edited March 2017 in 3D Modeling

Has anyone found a way to add your own bumps and textures to the Library?

Comments

• I've tried adding materials to BricsCADs built in library in the past with out any luck. However, what I ended up doing was creating a special folder that holds all of my personally made materials placed it inside of (if you're using a Windows OS then change the forward slash to a back slash.)

/Bricsys/BricsCAD V17 en_US/UserDataCache/Templates/en_US/materials/

Then I created a file called materials.dwt inside of

/Bricsys/BricsCAD V17 en_US/UserDataCache/Templates/en_US/

I then would add all of my materials to this template file and configure them. If I needed them in another file I would just open the Drawing Explorer with the template file and any .dwg file and copy them over. It would save any configurations I had. I could then change the .dwg material how I see fit.

Whenever I need to send my file to a client or a file server I will use the eTransmit/upload tool that would ensure the file will have all the materials included so if someone opens it up with their BricsCAD or AutoCAD it will look correct.

If you have any follow up questions or need me to clarify then just let me know.

• I would recomend that you make a library for example C://Cadsetup then put all your setups in sublibrarys , Script , Materials, plotters etc..Redirect your settings to this. If its on a network drive all your users should point to it. Otherwise you have to update all computers and get bloated with copies in V16, V17,V18.....

• I'd be interested to know if anyone has created their own materials (with textures, bump and finishes) in ARTISAN for BricsCAD? This forum would be a good place to share any archives of materials.

It's very easy - but I must declare more than a little bias on the subject as we are creators of the ARTISAN product!

Clive
    Pictorex Ltd.

This discussion has been closed.