Point snap and Line Divide

When I use Line Divide and then try to snap to the points created the Point Snap disengages after being used just once. So if I want to snap to 15 points I have to turn the Point Snap on 15 times. Am I doing something wrong?
This is Bricscad v14 on Windows 10
Any help gratefully received.

Comments

• Divide command creates the points; it does not affect the 'snapability' of the created points. In order to be able to snap to them, simply turn the 'point' snap on.

• It sounds like you didn't actually turn on Node as one of the running snap modes, but simply selected it as an override. An override only applies to the current point selection. Running modes are used all the time except when overridden. All snap modes can be used either way.

If you right-click while a command is active and select a snap mode, you're selecting an override. To set running snap modes, you can use the OSNAP command, the Settings window, or the Entity Snaps toolbar, or right-click while no command is active.

• Well - I have done some further experimenting with this and what I find is that (as noted above) if I draw a line and use Line Divide I can only use the Point Snap once before it disengages and has to be re-set. However if I 'uncover' the points by moving the line away from them a short distance the Point Snap remains 'live' and I can snap on each of the points successively - as I would expect. Does this offer any clues as to what is happening?

• Now it sounds like you did add Node to your list of running osnap modes, but not as the only mode. Nearest is apparently also in the list, and that makes it snap to any point on the line. When you override the running osnaps with the single mode Node, then it picks only nodes. To make it do that without having to override each time, you could make Node the only running osnap mode, or at least remove Nearest from the list.

I use a custom command that sets Node as the only running osnap mode, just for this purpose, and another custom command that switches back to my normal list of osnap modes.

• Anthony - I just turned off Nearest and solved my problem. So simple that I really should have thought of it! Very many thanks. And to the others who responded earlier.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!