Command line to change viewport layer color override?

I typically put all my dimensions on a layer that has the word DIM in it.  This is so that I can easily turn off all dimensions, with a simple macro I created.  Now that I am setting all my viewports to use black as the color for dimensions, I would like to set the viewports color override to take advantage of that naming convention.

I am attempting to use a simple macro to change all the layers  in a viewport, with DIM in the name, to be the color 7.  But, the vplayer command does not allow color settings, so I can't use this.  The Layer command also does not seem to permit this.

If the VPLayer command were to allow this it might go something like this;

Vplayer;Color;7;All;;

Can any one suggest an approach to this?

-Joe Dunfee

Comments

• I just discovered another problem related to this.

As discussed in another thread [https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/21734] layouts are published in the sequence they are created, and not how they are displayed.  So, if you create a new tab, such as a title page, it will print last.  In that thread, Mr. Gebbinck shared a LISP routine to resolve that problem by copying each tab, in the order they are shown, so they will print in the correct order.

Unfortunately, a new copy of a viewport will forget all its overrides. So, Mr Gebbinck's routine causes all layer overrides to be lost.

So, I am doubly in need of an easy way to re-set the color overrides of my dimension layers.

-Joe Dunfee
  • As I work with some complex drawings, this problem really is getting to be a pain.  Maybe a different approach is needed to be able to correct the print sequence bug, but retain all the viewport settings.

Here is one idea that my test showed it as a failure. The idea was not top copy the tabs in the correct order, and then delete the originals. This is the way the LISP routine now does it. Rather, it was to create a series of new, empty tabs. The same quantity as all the existing tabs.  Then, use the clipboard to copy or cut and paste everything on each tab to the corresponding new tab.  But, when they are pasted into the new tab, the viewports loose all their viewport specific layer overrides.

What is it that BricsCAD looks at to publish the layout tabs?  I assumed it was the internal handle or ID of the tab. which is always sequential to the sequence they were created, and not how the sequence they are arranged. Obviously, BricsCAD is should be using the same ID that shows the sequence of the layout tabs, and I would hope they will eventually get around to fixing it. But, for now, can the internal ID # of the tab be changed by a user program? 

Any other ideas to try?

-Joe Dunfee
  • Following up on Joe's earlier question, is there a command line method to change VP color? The VPLAYER command is missing the COLOR option.

Thanks,

Dan

...... But, the vplayer command does not allow color settings, so I can't use this.  The Layer command also does not seem to permit this.

If the VPLayer command were to allow this it might go something like this;

Vplayer;Color;7;All;;

Can any one suggest an approach to this?

-Joe Dunfee
  • I wrote a .net dll for this purpose to use within lisp. If you still need it give me a shout.

• Note that in BricsCAD V17 a set of vl-vplayer-get-* and vl-vplayer-set-* Lisp functions is available.

This discussion has been closed.