3D Bricscad Training in the UK

Does anybody know if there are any Training Courses for 3D using Bricscad in the UK?

I have been doing 2D for the last 28 years and thought it high time to learn 3D.

I want to learn off site so I won't be distracted by day to day work.

I don't mind if it is 1 to 1 or in a group, or even someone that doesn't teach for a living but fancies earning some extra money teaching a Luddite!

I have tried to teach myself but all I end up doing is messing up my workspaces going back and forth from 2D to 3D and because I only do a bit here and there between jobs, I end up having to relearn what I did the last time I tried!

Many Thanks in advance,

David

Comments

•  Hello David,

This is not a training course, but it serves as a starting point on 3D Modeling.

While you don't adjust a learning process with the help of a teacher 'in person', try the book "Inside BricsCAD V17" in its chapter #11 - Direct 3D Modeling & Editing, offers a nice introduction to understand the philosophy behing the Direct Modeling concept.
    Download can be done from Bricsys' website, at: https://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/documentation/

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
    Miguel
  •  David,
    An additional resource to the one Miguel mentioned, but also in the "not a training course" category.
    I've been working with the Bricsys team on a set of short videos on "BIM Basics" and "BIM Workflows for sets of features" that should be available on Bricsys TV in the not too distant future.  

Also, I'd be interested in your perspective on:
    - What are the current three most confusing things?
    - What other questions are coming up as you are getting familiar with 3D?
    - What types of things you are trying/wanting to do in 3d? 

All of these questions are with an eye towards what type of training materials and/or content would be useful to assist expanding strong 2d skills to 3d.  

thanks,
    Kevin
  • Can't wait - sounds well thought out.
  • @ Miguel,

Thanks for the link, I have downloaded the pdf and will see if it can help me make sense of this subject.

@ Kevin,

Thanks for the reply, in answer to a couple of your points:

I can't comment on difficulties yet, as I'm not far enough into the learning process as my workspaces kept getting screwed up (I've since learned that WSAUTOSAVE wasn't turned on by default), so that should help me switching.

In respect of the things I want to do in 3D; I am a packaging designer and I would like to create 3D visuals of some of the items I design, before I go ahead and make physical items. I would also like to create 3D drawings for Foam fitments & vacuum formed Trays which are included in the packs I create.
    Also I am given physical samples of things like bottles and containers I need to create packaging for and it would be nice to recreate these in Bricscad, so if there are any changes I still have pertinent information to change the pack without getting all the samples back.

Thanks again for the replies.

David

•  David,
    Thanks for the follow-up on areas of interest.  Bricsys has just released/posted a series of Basic tutorials (short videos) - https://www.bricsys.com/tv/.   Although more  focused on the building level vs. the packaging/ product level, they shed light on core elements of working in BIM and 3d.  

I'm not as familiar with the packaging design realm, and the rule sets that influence the designs.  I'm curious about the type and complexity of geometry and surfaces that you are working with.  If possible to provide some imagery of an example or two, it could be useful to assist providing more focused feedback.  They could be sent to kevin.settlemyre@bricsys.com, if that is preferred.

Thank you,
    Kevin
  • Hi David,

This may be too late of a response to you, but still may be of interest to you or anyone else looking for BricsCAD training in the UK.

Benchmarq Training offer bespoke training courses for BricsCAD and are also an authorised UK reseller of BricsCAD.

They have training centres in the South East and Midlands, or can come to your company premises.

Hope this helps!

• Hi Pippab,

Thanks for the reply, no it isn't too late, if you could give me more details of what you could offer in your southern office as I'm not too far from you if it is in Billingshurst.
    Not sure if you can private message on this forum, so shall I just call your office (Southern or Midlands ?

Regards,

David

• I would potentially be interested in training too. I am near Cambridge UK.

@Kevin - I am coming to Bricscad from being a Solidworks user and some Creo experience. So not having any ACAD experience it quite a steep learning curve to understand how to get Bricscad to do what I want. I am going to post a question in 3d modelling on constraints. As I am currently trying to do a sketch and revolve to create a vee pulley, but the 2d constraints I am putting on the sketch seem to have no effect. So it seem the way I am used to doing it is not the way to do it here. So in a long winded way I am suggesting so training help material on modelling strategies for those not used to Bricscad / Autocad.

Thanks
    Adrian

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!