drawing view alignment

So I have created a model, now I want to add a layout with drawing views. But when I add the view to the layout they are not the perpendicular elevations I would expect. I assume the drawing views are generated with reference to UCS/WCS and some how my model is not quite aligned to the UCS/WCS used for the views. But I can seem to align the model my efforts seem to have no effect.

How can I set either the model or drawing view back into alignment with the other?

DWG attached for reference.

Comments

• As you surmise, your panel is tilted ever so slightly. See attached PDF. To realign it to the WCS I added a flat plate beneath it, applied a "fix" constraint to that plate, and then a coincident constraint between the top face of the plate and the bottom edge of the panel, also attached.

Why yes, I am recently retired. In my defense, I just took a pretty good loaf of scratch-made bread out of the oven, so I don't spend all day on the 'net. ;-)

• akendall1966
    edited April 2017

Thank you again Richard, a simple and obvious solution now you have presented it. I guess todays lesson from this is I should have fixed the first solid on creation to anchor it to the WCS, then add and constrain the other features.

Hope you enjoyed the bread, which sound like a great retirement endeavor.

All the best
    Adrian

This discussion has been closed.