Red hatch on sections

Why some bim wall of my drawing, have a red hatch in section? There is a problem in the bim structure?

Comments

• Could you share the .dwg file?

Try changing the roof color and see if the walls hatches change too. If they do, then it might be a layer issue.

• I've change the roof layer color, but nothing.

• I tried a bunch of things, some of them fixed it temporarily. Once I saved or modified something the BIM Composition switches back.

1. un-classifying reclassifying BIM type (Would stay dark but once a composition was added it would go back to red.)
    2. Copying the problem sections to a new drawing (Problem follows with the entities.)
    3. Changing the walls to a different layer and back (Would fix it but come back if you saved or changed something.)
    4. Using a different composition on the walls (Sometimes stayed dark for a few moments but eventually switch to red again.)
    5. Un-classifying reclassifying BIM type then applying a new freshly made blank composition (Still switches to red eventually.)

There might be something I'm missing, but I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I would create a new support request with my findings and anything more you could add. New Support Request

• I've tried all your suggestions, but nothing.
    I've re-draw the two walls again and now the red hatch disappeared

• Lukas Fertig
    edited November 2018

I know this is thread is a bit outdated but in case anyone is running into the same problem: I was just dealing with a similar problem with a customers IFC file. The imported compositions attached to the elements in question had a thickness of 0 locked in the compositions properties. Unlocked it and it worked fine again. Two of the elements i had to un- and reclassify as a wall.

• The Red hatch indicates there is something wrong with the BIM solid.