Can't make drawings from model using V16

After modeling this vessel jacket with internal coils found out I was unable to create drawings from it using "base views", my computer would just choke/hang. Using "flat shot" took forever but the image generated was a mess with missing lines & etc. I was wondering if some of you with V17 would care to try it yourself (see files attached) and see what happens.

I'm thinking that V17 should be able to pull it off but if not then that means I have a problem elsewhere hardware-wise. I know installing a V17 trial is an option but I'm paranoid that something will get overwritten and screwed up. Creating drawings from models was a problem I gather in previous versions, has it been taken care of yet?

Comments

• A helix seems to be a tough beast to tame. I tried (once!) doing a console drawing with "real" fasteners. Never again...

On your drawing, I was able to get something other than a rat's nest by running DMSIMPLIFY followed by DMAUDIT (DMREPAIR in V16, I believe). I still get five G1 errors (first derivative not continuous) which I can't clear and the VIEWBASE output only shows the sweep paths, not the swept object. Closer though.

• Thanks for the input Richard. You gave me an idea that the problems stem from my modeling methods, like where the elbows join up with the coils. Tried using "loft" to bridge the gap between them and did base views again - this time no problem!

This discussion has been closed.