Help

I have installed the Brics, but it is not working, it just load, but not open.
SO: Fedora 26

Comments

• I think you better log a support request for this problem - https://www.bricsys.com/en-intl/support/#4

• This is the log mansage:
    /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v17/bricscad: /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v17/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by /lib64/libpng16.so.16)

I don't have so much experience with it and really need that this software works. Any idea of how I should proceed?

Thank you for your attention.

• This is a great example of why Bricsys should use something like appimage for BricsCAD. Then we wouldn't have any dependency issues in Linux. I believe fedora 26 uses a newer module than `ZLIB_1.2.9'.

Someone had the same issue in this form. fedora-26-not-wokring

• I just installed fedora 26 and I fixed it by doing the following

Run this in a terminal windowsudo mv /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v17/libz.so.1 /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v17/ZLIB_1.2.9

Reboot

• For future reference, "Help" as a message topic should not be used. The reason is that most messages are someone asking for help. In your case, a topic like "Fedora install of BricsCAD not working" would be much better. This way, you would attract people familiar with Fedora.

Work is slow for my company right now, otherwise I would have ignored you "help" topic.

-Joe

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!