Flatshot issue

I sent a support request for the flatshot issue. The previous update to 17.2.11 worked. Flatshot won't display accurately from view. Not sure if this is a setting issue.

Comments

• Looks like an UCS issue. Try setting the UCS parallel to the current view before using _FlatShot to check. Or use the 'Export to file' option,

• As far as I can see FLATSHOT works correctly. I cannot conclude the command is not working properly when looking a the image you uploaded. FLATSHOT creates a projected view from the current 3D view, then places the result on the XY-plane of the current UCS. If the UCS is not aligned to the view, the projection view might appear different from the 3D perspective view, but it isn't. To check this, restore the plan view of the current UCS, then the projection view should look the same as the 3D perspective view it is generated from.

• I didn't notice this before, but now I see that the current coordinate system in your model is not the WCS, but a UCS of which the Z-axis is horizontal (vertical XY-plane), which might explain why you think FLATSHOT is not working properly.
    Please check the UCSORTHO setting on your computer. If UCSORTHO = ON, the UCS will be aligned to orthogonal views automatically. If you then rotate the view, the UCS remains aligned to the previous orthogonal view. I recommend to set UCSORTHO = OFF.

• thanks, I'll check my UCS. So it's me.

• Rodolphe Simon
    edited August 2017

Ok, In case others are confused about this, I figured it out thanks to those who answered. My lookfrom was set to UCS, so I set that back to WCS.
    I went ISO and did flatshot, an on** Image 1** you see it's weird, but if you study it, its actually doing a projection of the ISO.
    So if I go to my lookout and select front, it's now doing the projection from the plan(elevation) point of view,** image 2**. Bottom line, it puts the Iso from the viewpoint of the plan (or elevation) view, not the ISO, otherwise your "Iso'ing" the Iso.

This discussion has been closed.