Lee Mac CurveText Malfunction

When I use CurveText, it changes the size and font to romans, and types out extra info, :smile:

\fAriel Black\e0\i0;\to.85;

then my text. Any ideas?

Comments

• Have you used it successfully in AutoCAD? There are several curve and text programs on the site, can you be more specific about which one you are using? A link would be best.

• Richard_D
    edited September 2017

I had a copy of AutoCAD, but I bought it online from a shady character, and it quit working. Now I am using Bricscad. I like it so far, but there are a few differences. I can't remember if I tried it in Brics or Acad. Also I got a new computer, and had to reload Bricscad, not sure when I last used slinkytext. It's been quite some time since I was strictly using CAD of any kind all day every day for a living, so I am a bit rusty, and latest version I used was, I believe, 2010.

• It works fine for me in BricsCAD 17.2.12

Looks like it uses the font that is set current in the drawing.. make sure there are no issues with the current font. Try it with a more common font.. isn't it Arial not Ariel?

• Thanks I got it working. Yes Arial.

• The so-called 'extra info' is mtext formatting. An mtext entity must therefore have been the source for the text string. You can use StripMtext to get rid this formatting.

• BTW:
    In general it is better to create a separate text style for every font you want to use in a drawing instead of relying on mtext formatting as Richard seems to be doing.

• Aline text programs. I have Lee Mac's text aliment LISP program and it works fine BUT it doesn't have a SCALE feature to
    allow me to in crease or de-crease the size of the text. Has any one come across a program that has "Aline" to curve, or line or ploy AND scale
    the text ????

Julian brotherton.

• If you are talking about Align Text to Curve http://www.lee-mac.com/dtcurve.html you can change the font size after running the command.

If you are talking about SlinkyText / CurveText http://www.lee-mac.com/slinkytext.html The height that it uses is the height of the last text object you created. So if you want slinky text that is .12 for example, just create a garbage text object with height of .12 with the text command, then delete it.

I'm sure there are other ways to change the default text height. You can also change the height a little after running slinkytext although it gets crowded or empty pretty quickly if you change it a lot.

This discussion has been closed.