Circles not appearing smooth.

I was doing some fine layout work.  When I noticed that a regen did not make my circles smooth.  I did some research found the viewres variable set it high and low and nothing I do seems to make a difference, all of my circles  appear to be 36 or so side polygons.  Anyway to fix this?

Comments

• Try changing the WHIPARC variable.
  •  It had no effect.
  • I have come across a similar problem. I am modelling a cabinet that has a curved back and am trying to make shelves to match. The problem is that the curved edges are displayed as a lot of straight segments. So it makes it hard to see where the intersection of the shelf and the back are to create the correct shelf length. When bricsCAD snaps to an "intersection" it is often not on the curved object and I just hope that the snap is correct and keep working.

• Hello Denis,
    in my spare time I like to design and create furniture.
    If you attach the drawing or a relevant part of it, it will be my pleasure to see if I can provide you with some useful tips or suggest an approach.

• I know this is an old thread but I had the same issue and found that setting system variable FACETRES to 10 was the solution. In case anyone else searches land here.

• Nice - I came across the same issue 5 years later...THANK YOU - Worked Well!