Dynamic input

crpt2008
edited March 2018 in 2D Drafting

Hi all
Just stumbled upon something "weird".

When making a line, pline or circle... please try to input something like 80/4.
Work perfectly and the result is exactly what expected, 20. Either it's length, or radius, etc.
Now try same operation but instead of /, use another operator like +, - , * in my case nothing happens!!
Running latest V18 on Windows 10.

Any other have the same experience?

Edit: BTW changed momentarily keyboard to English, same results.

Comments

• Same behaviour in AutoCAD, it is probably more to do with the input of imperial measurements that the "/" works, rather than using mathematical operators,
    try (* 80 4) when it is time to input the sizes. Odd that the 'cal command isn't allowed transpartently in BricsCAD as it is in AutoCAD

• Hi Steven
    Off course, didn't remember that. Yesterday was working with Inventor and haven't performed a brain reset for Autocad mode.
    The CAL I did notice sometime ago, but to be honest didn't pay much attention. Assumed it's a "normal" difference between them.
    Thanks for tip.

• I also use calculations in any input fields a lot in Vectorworks.
    Tried that once in Bricscad and thought it would not work at all
    unfortunately.

Would be a very comfortable feature if implemented.

But good to know it would work for divisions at least :)

• Curiously I just went that direction because I "forgot" that I was with Bricscad/Autocad. :blush:

A bit like the centerline family of commands one day will work on vp's, just not today.
    Tested it in Autocad and all is "normal" there, same file.
    Another feature to be implemented whenever possible.
    Luckily the tec. team of Brics seems quite active, so they will catch soon I hope.
    Cheers

• @crpt2008 said:
    Luckily the tec. team of Brics seems quite active, so they will catch soon I hope.
    Cheers

I agree.
    And I saw a lot of very important corrections in latest V18.2 release notes.
    Which I think were discussed lately and I didn't expect these so fast or at all.
    But have to wait until it is released for macOS.

This discussion has been closed.