BMFORM & Templates

Hi All,

I am using direct modelling more and more these days. I have also finally got a round to putting a serious effort in to some personalization of the set up. But here's the thing, if I start a drawing as new it I can pick the template, the empty drawing created on start up it uses my preferred template. But, when I BMFORM to break my model into an assembly of mechanical parts it uses the system default template.

About 60% of my parts are created through BMFORM, so setting up layouts, layers on each is a bit of a chore. It probably staring me in the face but I can't find how to make BMFORM use my template?

I guess I could copy and replace the OOTB template with mine, but I was trying to keep the as installed support folders vanilla and keep my customisations separate. In my support file paths I have my customisations first and then the ones created by the install.

Template setting all point to E drive support folder structure where I keep my customisations.

Your help and advice appreciated.
Adrian

Comments

• I find that the _BmForm command uses the template specified in the BASEFILE setting. Have you changed it to point to one of your own templates?

• Hi Roy,

basefile setting says it pointing to my own template file. Just tested it again, my steps:

Start a new drawing file > new
    pick my template
    in that new drawing create a couple of geometric shapes
    bmmech to initialise
    bmform & select one of the shapes accept the defaults and save
    in the mechanical browser right click the component and open
    it hasn't used the template defined in the basefile setting.

I am using Version 17.2.12 (x64) revision 49652

Thanks for your reply.
    AK

• Apparently this is improvement that was added in V18.1.04 (SR75238).

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    Apparently this is improvement that was added in V18.1.04 (SR75238).

Ahhh... OK.

I have discovered when I add a layout I can base it on the layouts in the template, which as a workaround negates most of the extra work. That will have to do until I can justify the upgrade.

Best Regards & Thanks
    Adrian

This discussion has been closed.