Toolpalettes issues

2 Questions
1/
Is there a way to link what toolpalette group is active depending on the Profile or even the Workspace ?
Because if there is, I'm not finding it.

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to set up a profile or workspace so that it becomes a no-brainer for certain colleagues about what's all available (toolbars and such). It would be great if that also included it switching to a different toolpalette group.

2/
In worst case I was thinking about making a macro that would switch to the wanted toolpalette group. I would think that TPNAVIGATE should be able to do that but I can't even make it work on the commandline.
All I get is
Specify tool palette to display or [palette Group]:
and no matter what I type in the result is
Unable to find a palette or group by that name

Perhaps it's because it's friday but if I have a palette called 'Test' and a palette group called 'Test_1' then how can I use the TPNAVIGATE command to make it switch to the palette group ?

Comments

(COMMAND "._TPNAVIGATE" "test") works for me here.

However I cannot get it to accept a group name.

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited April 2018

Look at the 'On Switch' nodes on the 'Wokspaces' tab of the _Customize dialog.

To enter a group name first enter "g" (but not "group"). The square brackets are there for a reason...

BTW:
    To prevent the pound sign from being interpreted as Markdown code use \#

• Steven_g
    edited April 2018

2)
    I use toolpalettes regularly and have groups set up, I swap between them using macro's on the toolpalette to swap groups you need to use the letter "g" for group.
    ^C^C._tpnavigate;g;test;

• : TPNAVIGATE
    Specify tool palette to display or [palette Group]: G
    Specify palette group to display: Test
    Unable to find a palette or group by that name

After further review, it does actually change to this group, despite the error message displayed.

• Thank you @Roy Klein Gebbinck and @Steven_g to point that one has to use 'g' to be able to specify group.

And yes that works.

@rkmcswain
    That's my experience as well. It works but there's no clean exit. Instead one is left with "Unable to find a palette or group by that name" even although it did change to the desired Toolpalette group.

I then tried not only to specify the group but also a palette in the group but even then I still got 'Unable to find a palette or group by that name'

• IMO the prompt "Unable to find a palette or group by that name" is confusing. It suggests you do not need to first enter "g" for a group. I also wonder what would happen if there is a toolpalette name "g"...

• Neither ";" nor "^C^C" seems to work.
    That can't be right.

If one uses TPNAVIGATE in a macro there should be a way to exit it without additional keyboard input by the users.

• And does this work, usually if a dialogue hangs it needs an extra ";" to close it down
    ^C^C._tpnavigate;g;test;;

• @Steven_g

the additional ";" doesn't seem to be doing anything in this case.
    Besides, even pressing "enter" when the command doesn't finish doesn't do a thing either.
    The only way I found is by physically pressing the ESC button.

• @Peter_DV
    Unfortunately, I can't test it at the moment but try this version
    ^C^C._tpnavigate;g;test;^C
    Which should cancel the running command, if not then you should send a support request because a macro should end cleanly.

• @Steven_g - that works here in v 18.2.04

• @Steven_g

grr I tried that. As soon as I noticed that pressing 'ESC' worked, it was the first thing that I tried. And it didn't seem to work.
    Now it does.

Thank you kindly.
    Have a nice one.

This discussion has been closed.