Edit Hatches

Hello everybody,

ist there a way to edit hatched (remove / add points) like polylines or Autocad's hatches?

Comments

• command HatchEdit??

• @Ferdinand Janssens said:
    command HatchEdit??

How can I modify the shape of an hatch with that? For instance if I have a square shape Hatch and I want to make it triangular.

• Imagine a hatch which is created on a rectangle (a polyline):

If you 'Window Inside' select or 'Crossing Window' select the rectangle, the Properties Dialog should indicate that it has 2 entities selected : a Hatch and a Polyline.
    You should be able to grip-edit the polyline and the hatch should follow the newly modified (=newly grip edited) geometry edited polyline.

• rkmcswain
    edited June 2018

Like this?

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited June 2018

As a workaround, you could create a new (possibly temporary) closed polyline around the hatch, using HATCHGENERATEBOUNDARY. That makes the hatch associative with the new polyline. Then use PEDITEXT A to add vertices to the new polyline, which will automatically add the same vertices to the hatch.

If you want to add or remove a large number of vertices, that can be done by creative use of the Trim command.

• Joe Dunfee
    edited June 2018

There are also many ways to unintentionally break associativty for the hatch. So, my general approach is to just delete the hatch and create a new one. Sometimes I will copy, or move the hatch out of the way, and then later copy the properties of that original onto the new hatch. This way I don't have to hunt for the hatch type and layer.

-joe

• @rkmcswain said:
    Like this?

I mean with 3 Points instead of 4 :P

• Hi everybody thankyou for your answers.

If I have a non-associative hatch is because in this specific occasion I dont work with polylines. I know you can generate boundary, edit that one and create a new hatch but I am looking for fast ways to edit an Hatch.

For now the fastest ways is to trim the hatch to have more points, is a bit of backup solution but well... I was hoping to be able to edit the hatch itself like a polyline but it seems we are not there yet :)

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX1VbybPeBI
    I haven't tried it, so no idea how quicly it would work

• Have you tried using the QUAD to work with HATCH?
    QUAD + Hatch

Using the QUAD to simplify HATCH

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited June 2018

I couldn't see the video that Stephen posted; I could only hear the audio portion. I could see it on YouTube at:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX1VbybPeBI
    But it just talks about editing the boundary polyline around a hatch, which edits the hatch too if the hatch is associative. That can also be done with the built-in PEDITEXT command.
    The video says that if there isn't a boundary you have to first create a boundary polyline using the built-in HATCHGENERATEBOUNDARY command. That command converts a non-associative hatch into one that's associated with the new boundary polyline.

• To insert or remove vertices of a hatch:
    If the hatch is associated with a polyline: press and hold the Ctrl-key then move the cursor over the polyline segment where you want to add/remove a vertex and choose the Add or Remove Vertex tool in the Edit command group of the Quad (2D Drafting Profile).
    If the hatch is not associated with a (boundary) polyline, move the cursor over the hatch and choose Generate Boundary in the Draw command group of the Quad.

• I saw the Videos,
    but I miss the Tools to add and delete vertices !

In Quad as well as I don't find them anywhere else,
    even when switching to 2D Drawing Workspace.

Am I doing so wrong or are these Tool's Icons or Tool functions
    changed in V18 meanwhile ?

• Remember to keep the Ctrl-key down to edit a polyline segment,

• Thank Louis,
    now it works.
    You mustn't have clicked a second time on the Polyline and got into its
    vertex drag mode. In this case these tools won't appear.

This discussion has been closed.