Bricscad crashes on second screen.

Hi

I think I'll have to lodge a support request for this, but I thought it is worth putting on the Forum in case anyone else has this problem.

Basically BricsCAD jams up and has to be terminated when I try to open do file related stuff like open a drawing when BricsCAD is on my second screen.
It happens on bricscad 17 and 18 and also on Corel CAD, but does not happen on Blender of Sketchup.

My pc is an Asus ROG G752VM with Core i7, 16GB ram, and GTX 1060 graphics card. My second screen is a SANYO HD TV and I connect to it via HDMI.

The problem only occurs when both screens are running. And only when BricsCAD is on the second screen.

Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this.

My pc is a A

Comments

• You can move the file dialog back into view by using Alt-Spacebar + M (for Move), then press any arrow key to move the window until you can see it.

• Thanks Owen

Turns out it's a driver / hardware issue. (No jamming when i extend to my projector)
    Time to buy a fancy new monitor :0)

• Does the problem come from the Monitor or from the graphics card?

• I don't know if it is monitor or graphics card. Probably the monitor.
    I took my laptop to work yesterday and plugged into their monitor, ASUS, and had no problems.

I don't know anything about hdmi, but I'd guess that the Televisions HDMI port is lacking some feedback signal that the CAD software needs to tell it that a second screen is available.

• I'm tossing up between getting a new BenQ PD3200 32" or a Philips BDM3270QP2 32". Right now i'm swaying towards the Philips.

This discussion has been closed.