Constant Crashing

when i use bricscad and try to use the xref command , bricscad will freeze and shut down , every single time , trying to path drawings incase i need to edit them will not work at all , also the layer manger doesn't work when i click on it , seems like the drawing explorer isn't working correctly ,

using the latest version of bricscad and i can't seem to find the issue of why it's doing it, i've tried it on a couple of different systems and they seem to work perfectly fine .

Comments

• Hi Connor

Can you make a support request about this? https://www.bricsys.com/en-eu/support/#26

Thanks!

Mathieu

• No , I cannot that's why I went here

• Maybe you have not enough access rights as the xref is in C:/Program Files/...
    and potentially, creating the xref-lock file(s) then fail ?
    You can disable xref-locking (as far as I recall) in the settings ...

many greetings !

• Why can't you put in a support request. Is it a trial version? If so you could still contact sales support who would forward a support request on the grounds you are not going to buy something if you can't get it to work.

If it is a pirated copy, then you have probably found your problem. Try to get another one.

One solution is to try run as administrator. Right click the bircscad icon and choose "run as administrator". This is very good at overcoming permissions issues that stop access to files.

Do you have two disks. And have you moved files around that may be needed by brics cad. Then you easiest remedy is to reinstall bricscad.

So to sum up.
    1. Run as administrator
    2. reinstall - on your primary drive
    3. contact Bricscad Support (Unless you are in an embargo'd country - in which case try to get a fresh copy of BricsCAD)

• Looks like you have lots of 3rd party Apps or Plugins running.
    Are the same plugins running on the other machines where
    you don't have problems ?

Maybe the hardware on this machine is weak ?
    (onboard GPU, old/bad GPU driver)

Does the Windows Crash Log provide any details ?

This discussion has been closed.