Changing measurement's units

Hello everyone,

I need to take measures on a drawing and I have some trouble trying to change the measurement's units.
I did a est and it shows me 20 for a 2 meters element, so it's like I'm in decimeters!
Any idea how I can change that without scaling the whole project (I'm afraid to do it wrong and forget some elements if I do that)

Have a nice day

Comments

• I'm afraid the only option is to scale the entire drawing(s) to get it right. As a matter of fact a dwg is unitless. The value of 1 Drawing Unit (Du) is user defined. The Insunits variable controls how the geometry needs to be scaled when copying or inserting the geometry in another drawing. Changing the Insunits variable does not affect the size of the geometry in the drawing.

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited August 2018

This can also work:

1. Change INSUNITS to 14 (= decimeters). Assuming that is the value of 1 DU.
    2. Change LENGTHUNITS to 'mm m'.
    3. Use the Properties Bar to read the length of objects. It should read '2 m' for a 20 DU line.
    4. Or switch on Rollover Tips (the RT field in the Status Bar) and hover over the object. Probably faster than #3 and certainly faster than using the _Distance command.
  • Anthony Apostolaros
    edited August 2018

Phillippe,

If you're talking about dimension entities, you can assign a factor to the length that's shown over the dimension line. It's called "Dim scale linear." It can be specified as part of a Dimension Style, and you can also use it in the Properties bar to override the value for any particular entity.

Architects in the US treat the drawing unit as inches, and most of our dimensions are shown in feet and inches. But by setting Dim units = Decimal, Dim precision = 0.00, and Dim scale linear = 1/12 we can have a site plan in the same dwg file but using the dimension standard that land surveyors use, which is feet and hundredths.

This discussion has been closed.