Bricscad V18 drawing is saved and annotation has been deleted when you open the saved drawing?

I have had some issues with annotation being deleted from the saved drawings.
it has happened more than once and dimensions have been deleted in one case and MLeaders in another separate drawing.
I rename the bak dwg and open it, the diemnsions ( and or) MLeaders are still there.
Aside...the dwgs are originally exports from 12D software....dont know if that has something to do with it...
the problems are random and others using the same software and using 12D exports dont seem to be experiencing the same problems...

hope someone can help me...

cheers
GregN

Comments

• Here are some potential scenarios:

1. The dwg is opened with different profile settings and the entities are annotative.
    2. There is an application that does 'something' whenever the dwg is saved or opened.
    3. The user does 'something', without perhaps being aware of it, before saving the drawing.
  • rkmcswain
    edited September 2018

@gregn said:
    I rename the bak dwg and open it, the diemnsions ( and or) MLeaders are still there.
    GregN

Can you run drawing compare on the DWG and the previous save (the BAK) and see if any differences appear?
    Perhaps #2 or #3 in Roy's answer are happening

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!