Unable to open certain DWG's please help

Hi, i am running 18.2.20 (x64) classic but i just can't open dwg's provided from my workspace. It just freezes the second i open it
I did contact support but the answers given did not help, like RECOVER, DEMANDLOAD, GPU DRIVER PROBLEM.
Are you able top open the file or what is going on?

i'm working on a HP Zbook 17 g4

In attachment a file that i can not open

Thanks,

Benjamin

Comments

• I was able to open the file in both V18.2.20 (x64) and V19.1.07 (x64). Both reported 'Error reading one or more constraints from the drawing.
    Substituting font "INTL_ENGINEERING.shx" by font "simplex.shx"', but both opened the file. It did take several seconds on a laptop with a Ryzen 7 2700U and accessing the file via wifi. When I audited the file in V19 there were 16 errors repaired. The repaired file is attached.

• @H Martin Shoemaker said:
    I was able to open the file in both V18.2.20 (x64) and V19.1.07 (x64). Both reported 'Error reading one or more constraints from the drawing.
    Substituting font "INTL_ENGINEERING.shx" by font "simplex.shx"', but both opened the file. It did take several seconds on a laptop with a Ryzen 7 2700U and accessing the file via wifi. When I audited the file in V19 there were 16 errors repaired. The repaired file is attached.

Thank you for the reply, i tracked down the problem in the file which is refered as 3D Solids in 1 group. Deleting them solves the problem for me. Any idea or command to work around of this?

• @eyebright said:
    Hi, i am running 18.2.20 (x64) classic but i just can't open dwg's provided from my workspace. It just freezes the second i open it
    I did contact support but the answers given did not help, like RECOVER, DEMANDLOAD, GPU DRIVER PROBLEM.
    Are you able top open the file or what is going on?

Benjamin

I know I am way late to respond, but I just opened the drawing with V19. I ran the audit command and it found and fixed 9 problems. Interesting to see what other people are working on. I rarely get out of my mechanical design box.