VIEWBASE

Is the VIEWBASE (and ancillary commands) active on the MAC version of BricsCad ? - I have tried to use it - but it doesn't like it.. I use the windows version - which by and large works well for me. When I type in VIEWBASE on the command line of the MAC - it picks it up - But doesn't follow thru. Tho' it adds the layers - BM_Hidden/BM_Tangent _Hidden/BM_Tangent_Visible/BM_Visible. Is there another command ?? am I missing something very obvious ? or is this a Work In Progress on the MAC ??
Thanks in anticipation
John C

Comments

• I have now had a bit more time to look at the Viewbase (and associated) command. I think that this is still a “work in progress;’. But I believe I have worked out how to use it.
    Others may be using this command with great success – but the following is my experience.

I was working on an existing drawing when I first tried to use the command – and the result was not very positive – hence my first post on this forum. I have now spent a bit more time looking and trying different things.
    1. With my existing drawing – I get part of the way through the Viewbase command sequence then get a message -
    (256) Redsdk API error code. RED_DRV_FAIL:Graphic card failure.Stop rendering using hardware. -
    2. It seems as tho’ the command has failed – but not so – going back into the Paper Space tab which I have just created - I find that the Generated View is in fact there.
    3. And from this view I can create the other views I need by using the VIEWPROJ command
    4. All Good
    5. I then created a new drawing and drew a simple 3D block -
    6. When I used the Viewbase command – Bingo – All Good – It worked fine
    7. I then did a “Save As”
    8. I Deleted the tab which I had created (in the previous drawing) and started the Viewbase command again
    9. Guess what ? – I got the - (256) Redsdk API error code.
    10. When I went to the tab I had created – the generated view was there – allowing me to create other views

So - At The End Of The Day –
    I know how to create Generated Views on my MAC – even tho’ it may be a bit “hit and miss”

I would be interested to know -
    A) If anyone else has had the same experiences with this command
    B) If BricsCad technical people have any comment

Regards - John C

• Please send a SR.
    If you have File examples to reproduce the will find the problem and are
    able to fix that. It is a bit annoying that the Mac Version is so far behind
    Windows version in stability and reliability.

• @Michael Mayer said:
    Please send a SR.
    If you have File examples to reproduce the will find the problem and are
    able to fix that. It is a bit annoying that the Mac Version is so far behind
    Windows version in stability and reliability.

Not only Mac, but Linux too. I think it is a waste of resources to develop this versions - CAD is just a small part of the software needed to run a business and it is mainly only Windows. I'm in the furniture industry and we use variety of programs that are only on Windows - CAM, nesting, cutting, ARP, accounting and etc. Even if BricsCAD was running fine or other platforms we need Windows to run our whole business. According to Bricsys CEO - 95% of BricsCAD users are on Windows.

• Not only Mac, but Linux too. I think it is a waste of resources to develop this versions

I extensively tried Windows 10 for some weeks and I am not amused at all,
    for a lot of reasons. All 2D/3D Pro Apps run great on Windows, but that's
    it. I don't see that I will ever be willing to work with Windows nevertheless.

I'm in the furniture industry and we use variety of programs that are only on Windows

Completely different for me - meanwhile.
    I never thought I would ever say this - but I don't get comparable
    Software (!) for my Freelancing on Windows (and Linux)
    If I have to leave Apple and renounce of those wonderful Mac Apps,
    Linux is by far less painful for me. Even if I would have to renounce of 50%
    of my 3D/CAD Pro Apps.

As long as there is any second chance to stay with Apple (modular Mac Pro ???)
    in a reasonable time frame, I will stay with Apple, although some limitations in
    Pro Hard- and Pro Software.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!