Crash_report.txt and log.tmp - customize folder location?

Hi,

I was wondering whether the location of the two files: ** crash_report.txt** and **log.tmp **
can be customized.

Can we configure this in the settings or in any other way (programmatically)?

Thanks
/YBS

Comments

• For the log file - see Settings, search for LOGFILEPATH

For the crash_report.txt : it is saved to the "current OS folder", that is the folder as defined in your desktop icon/shortcut, as "Execute in" folder

hope that helps ?
    many greetings !

• Thanks.
    I do not mean the common log files decided by LOGFILEPATH, those are there correctly as you describe.
    There is another logfile called log.tmp that I have noticed. If you for instance type a lisp command which is wrong then log.tmp is updated. This file is located in the same folder as our process that starts BricsCAD. Do you know more about this particula file?

crash_report.txt:
    This file is also saved in the folder of the process that starts BricsCAD and not in the folder where the BricsCAD.exe is run. Is that corrrect behaviour?

Thanks again.

• Hello,

"This file is also saved in the folder of the process that starts BricsCAD and not in the folder where the BricsCAD.exe is run. Is that corrrect behaviour?"

Yes, that is also correct ... if you start bricscad.exe from another process;
    if you start BricsCAD "normally", via desktop icon, then it is the "execute in" folder defined in the icon's properties ... Windows OS sets that folder as the "process home folder"

for the log.tmp - what BricsCAD version are you running ? That file is only created in internal builds, to track error cases in Lisp context, for our test system :-)

many greetings !

• Thanks a lot for your fine support.

I do have another file I would like to ask about, naimly "brx_log.txt" file. Do you recognize that one? Is this one also a BricsCAD file able to control (where to have it located)?
    We are working with version 16 to 19, and are making our product Win10 compatible, that is the reason of all my questions.

Here is sample of content of the "brx_log.txt" file:
    --------------- 27-06-2017 15:53:50 ---------------

File: ......\odimp\OdEd\BcadApplicationReactorImp.cpp
    Function: void __thiscall BCadApplicationReactorImp::onBeginCommand(class ca::CaDoc *,const unsigned short *)
    Line: 75
    Expression: false

Registers:
    EAX=0CC1DE74 EBX=010E5EE8 ECX=767D1046 EDX=00000077 ESI=0000000E
    EDI=0000020E EBP=773867B0 ESP=77358BD8 EIP=CF51284A FLG=0CC1D144
    CS=FFFFFFFE DS=010E5EE8 SS=00000000 ES=010119D0 FS=00000004 GS=0000028E

Best regards

• Hello,

yes, that file "brx_log.txt" is an error-reporting file of the BRX API ... as you also see from its content :-)
    This file is also saved in the "currently active OS folder", like the "crash_report.txt" file.

many greetings !

• Thank you!

• Hello,

that "brx_log.txt" is used to report about problems in BRX API level, similar as for crash_report.txt;
    and in same way, "brx_log.txt" is located in the OS' "current directory" of the BricsCAD process, location can be specified in the "Execute In" folder in desktop icon.

many greetings !

• Thank you Torsten!