Point cloud vanishing when zooming in

Hi all, I've just started a trial of V19 as I'm considering upgrading a few of our seats from V18.

I am particularly interested in the new pointcloud feature, however I am finding that once I have created my .bpt file and loaded it in, the pointcloud vanishes from the display when you zoom in to it?

Has anyone else found this issue and if so were you able to solve it?

You can see this in the attached images.

Comments

• I also had some difficulties to make my loaded Point Clouds
    visible in view Window. It was depending on file and not
    predictable.
    I didn't look deeper in it though ...

• I don't have issues with the points completely disappearing, but the display of point clouds is not very good if you ask me. Your points can be colorized with RGB values but BricSCAD will not display the RBG info, so if you had a 3D positional/time synch'd camera colorize the points with RGB which essentially creates something close to an image, well you can't display that.

It provides gross colorizing of Intensity which is monochrome anyway, elevation, and Scan (don't get the scan option). We are set to purchase LiDAR equipment. We accept we will have to process the pointcloud before bringing into BricsCAD but we need to be able to draw onto the point cloud points. You can snap and draw to the points, but you cannot zoom in and distinguish the surfaces when zoomed in even if you increase the number of displayed points (which makes it slow as well).

It may be good for ground surfaces and it will be, but it is grossly inadequate for anything else. Even if they show fancy pictures in some examples.

Very disappointing. Now I'm looking at a 3rd party add on that I'll have to use with V18.

Not ready for real use in my opinion.

• You know that you can change the size of the points, to make it more visible when zoomed in?