Moving from Autocad - Main User Interface Customization file not found

Hey all,

I'm moving from Autocad, and had downloaded the demo of Bricksys, in which all went well.  Now, after purchasing a license, I've re-downloaded the application, and when I launch I get the error - "Main User Interface Customization file not found", and when I get into the app, there are no menus at the top or side.  Any ideas what may be going on?  Not a great way to encourage people who are thinking of switching from Autocad.  Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

KPM

Comments

• Looks like BricsCAD can't find your custom main cui file. have you changed the name of the file or folder recently? Perhaps 'C:\ASOF BRICV14' has been renamed to 'C:\ASOF BRICV16' ?

The fix is in the error message. Run MENU, then browse to the location of your main cui.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

• YBS
    YBS
    edited March 2019

Hi,
    I have a question regarding to this topic.
    I also get the same error message.

I start BricsCAD using a /P profile.arg file where I define the MAIN.cui file.
    Here is how it looks like in my .arg file:

"CuiFile"="MYMAINCUFILE"
    "MENUNAME"="MYMAINCUIFILE.cui"
    "SRCHPATH"=".;%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V16\en_US\Support\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Bricsys\BricsCAD V16 en_US\Support\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Bricsys\BricsCAD V16 en_US\Fonts\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Bricsys\BricsCAD V16 en_US\Help\en_US\"

I have that .cui file placed in %appdata% and BricsCAD do load this menu BUT it still displays the error message.
    I just click OK on the error message and I can see that my .cui is loaded correctly.

I test that by typing in MENUNAME and it gives back the correct path and .cui.

What am I doing wrong? How can I avoid that message box? Is it somewhere in the registry that tells BricsCAD where to look for the file or?
    thanks.