Need help with handrail/pipe extrusion

I'm trying to extrude a "cylinder/pipe" to the surface of another pipe (handrails so to speak) but due to the pipe
having a radius can't seem to figure it out. Is there a hidden limit option with the revolve command like with extrude?
See attached pic, this is being done in V18 platinum version.

Comments

• Push/pull instead of extrude.

Push/pull recognizes the shape of the (waves hands in the air) environment around a face and so it will continue it when you pull the face of the rail to meet the upright.

• There isn't a Limit option with REVOLVE, suggest that your raise a SR to consider adding this feature. You can use pushpull to extend the curved pipe, but the extend face stays parallel with the start. This is in V19, the behaviour of pushpull and BIMDRAG has changed to previous versions, you may have a different experience.

Why not copy the top hand rail down and re-use? Also you could create the pipe centre lines and use DMTHICKEN to apply a cylindrical solid.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

• @Jason Bourhill said:
    There isn't a Limit option with REVOLVE, suggest that your raise a SR to consider adding this feature. You can use pushpull to extend the curved pipe, but the extend face stays parallel with the start. This is in V19, the behaviour of pushpull and BIMDRAG has changed to previous versions, you may have a different experience.

You're quite right. The push/pull behavior in V18 & 19 both maintain the extended face parallel to the starting face. I failed to notice that since I rudely buried the face inside a vertical pipe. Quite odd. The behavior, not my failing to notice it.

However, it looks like both V18 & 19 can use 3D solid editing to do an "extrude face" along a path. That doesn't seem to have any unexpected side effects and the pipe's face does the right thing as it follows a circular path.

• Thanks all for the responses! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything as far as options within the commands.

Yes, a limit option within revolve would be great for doing something like this.