Grip magnet problem

Hello,
I am using V19 version. I have a problem when I am trying to stretch a dimension line or a hatch using grip points. I select the hatch, I click on a grip point and when i want to move it a little left or right or up or down I cannot, its like a strong magnet and for this I need to move the mouse a lot to get rid of the fixing magnet and then make the stretch.
It a little annoying when you have to edit a lot.. Its there a solution for this ?
Thank you.

Comments

• As I understand it, the snap aperture which sets the range of the "magnet" is defined in pixels, default 10. When what you describe happens here, the easiest solution for me is to zoom in so there are more "pixels per feature" (if that's a thing) and I can grab where I mean to. The relevant setting is APERTURE, so shrinking that can also help. I've used values down to 5 for a balance of selectivity versus having to be right on top of the feature.

Or, click F3 to toggle off esnaps briefly after grabbing the grip and then toggle back on as you approach the target point.

• Try changing the grip attraction distance to say 6.

• Michael Mayer
    edited March 2019

I think that is just new v19 "Adaptive Grid" Feature.

Which, when activated in Settings,
    will overwrite your standard Grid Snap setting.
    So when you normally use Grid Snap Off to move freely,
    with Adaptive Grid you will get a Grid Snap nevertheless.

Just that it works dynamically in grid resolution depending
    on your View Window's Zoom Level.

So if you zoom in very closely that the grid gets very narrow,
    you should be able to move your vertex points as wanted.
    But in that case I think Adaptive Grid is hindering and may
    need to be deactivated.

So far I did not find as shorter way to deactivate Adaptive Grid
    other than from Settings. I wish there would be a switch in
    Status Bar, like for Grid and Grid Snap.

• Hello,
    Thank you for fast replays !

I tried all of you answers and I think I found the problem behind.. I attached a photo. The hatch is bordered by a polyline and when I want to make the hatch (only) a little smaller by clicking on grip button the perpendicular snap on the middle of the rectangle polyline kicks in and my mouse is struck.. I have to go up with the mouse half way of the keyboard height just to get of that middle triangle snap.. I can see that the text on the "Middle" snap is flashing while I move the mouse so I am guessing its refreshing and snapinng with every mouse move I made.

SOLUTION : As I was writing this message by accident I found the solution - it was the "Grip attraction" option !!! If I disable it no problem, if I make the Grip attraction distance 10 I am really stuck on that snap and if I make it 1 its a lot better.