Integrated LISP Optimiser and Integrated LISP Profiler

Integrated LISP Optimiser
The current implementation of the Optimiser parses code files into memory.
Is there an option to write the results to file ??

//========

Integrated LISP Profiler
From the Help Files :

documentation to come next

details ??

//========

Regards,

Comments

• Dear Kerry,

our "LDSP" docs (Lisp Developer Support Package - see our ApplicationCatalog, freeware download) exactly documents what the Optimiser does;
    and even contains more suggestions to improve Lisp code performqance.

There is no way to save the optimised code to disk :smile:

For the Profiler :smile: there was an initial attempt (more like a proof-of-concept) for a commandline based "profiler" Lisp function family ...
    outdated now :smile:
    As the new BLADE in V19.2.03 contains an integrated Profiler - very simple to use, with both performance measurement and also code flow loggind (use right-mouse-button context menu inside Profiler panel).

hope this gives you some ideas ...
    many greetings !

• There is no way to save the optimised code to disk

Thanks Torsten .. I had to ask :)

I've see the "Optimised Code Patterns" and "General Performance Hints" thanks.

I'll take this chance to also say a belated thanks for "Fast-COM" and the "VLE-" methods.

• Dear Kerry,

nothing to thank for :smile:

For V20, some more additions to VLE library will follow : (vle-vector-xxx) function family;
    many basic 2d/3d point/vector/plane functions ... all not rocket-science at all, but in traditional Lisp-way, tons of code
    (arguments checking, 2d/3d optional Z coordinates checking, etc.) - lot of code ...

Here, the built-in (vle-vector-xxx) functions - also emulated for AutoCAD & CO - provide a massive performance boost ... personally I measured factor ~200, compared to AutoCAD 2018/2019, using emulated, classic Lisp implementation :smile:

many greetings !