DMPUSHPULL one direction

I don't know why but when I have been using the pushpull command it will only go one direction. I will select my face and start dragging the face in the direction I want it to go, then enter the value, but will go the distance I specified in the opposite direction. For instance I want to pull the face down, when I do, and enter the value it will go up instead.
Any thoughts, is there a system variable I accidentally changed?

Thanks

Comments

• Which version are you using? I cannot reproduce this behaviour in the most recent V19 version (V19.2.07).

• V19 19.2.03

• I'll update to the latest version to see if it fixes it. (19.2.07)

• I updated to 19.2.07 and still have the same issue.

• Can you post a dwg? Maybe the faces have 'unexpected' normals.

• @ericvandee
    Please file a support request and add a model you are having the issue with.

• Attached is a simple box. It does the same thing as described. Thanks for looking into this.

• Can't reproduce either (but I am still 'on' V18). Maybe you accidentally move your cursor as you are entering the numerical value?

• Just figured it out! I had "DYN" dynamic input off. Turned it on and everything is working properly now. I thought it was kinda weird that it randomly quit working. But now I know.

Thank you Roy and Louis for your suggestions.

• Yes, this is by design, but I still question if it is wise...

• I had the same issue. I'll try your fix above
  • I'm still having the issue when I extrude. I pull in one direction and when release it, it goes the other way????
  • Michael Mayer
    edited May 2019

Isn't that caused by "Entity Snap to negative Z" not being enabled ?

EDIT :
    No.

I think that was a) in the longer past and b) more related to geometry
    creation vs geometry manipulation ... (?)

• @ericvandee said:
    Attached is a simple box. It does the same thing as described. Thanks for looking into this.

I have no Problem PushPulling that object whatsoever too.

Beside that when I also deactivate DYNDIM as decribed.
    It will Push Upwards instead.
    But I just tried to input a Negative Number and that works
    to force to Push inwards though :smile:

• @ericvandee said:
    I don't know why but when I have been using the pushpull command it will only go one direction. I will select my face and start dragging the face in the direction I want it to go, then enter the value, but will go the distance I specified in the opposite direction. For instance I want to pull the face down, when I do, and enter the value it will go up instead.
    Any thoughts, is there a system variable I accidentally changed?

I have had the same problem since we installed V19.2.07.. I just enter a negative distance.

• Do you have ESNAP turned on? If yes and you are close to a point that the cursor could snap to it may change the direction of the extrusion towards the direction of the snap point upon releasing the mouse button (but not actually snap to that point).