Print as PDF.pc3: No preview, just output ...

I'm playing around with print settings ... - set - preview - set - preview - ...

With some PDF-drivers and some real-paper-drivers - everytime I get a "preview" from Bricscad.
But selecting "print as PDF.pc3" kills the preview - it creates a PDF immediately.

bug or feature?

Peter

Comments

• The created preview... is indeed a pdf.
    This pdf is opened using the default pdf viewer application registered with the operating system.
    As this seems to surprise some users we plan to also make it possible to view this pdf inside the BricsCAD application.

• For prints that take a while to generate, it can be a time saver: if the preview is fine, just save the preview pdf to a desired location...

• @Hans De Backer said:
    The created preview... is indeed a pdf.
    This pdf is opened using the default pdf viewer application registered with the operating system.
    As this seems to surprise some users we plan to also make it possible to view this pdf inside the BricsCAD application.

Feedback I've had from users is the speed that the PDF opens. Some PDF applications are quite slow to open, which impacts on this method of previewing. Workaround for these users is to set their web browser as the default viewer.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts