Help page for each command

In the help page of each command, it shows check mark for each version/pricing level. For example "extrude" command has blue check mark for classic, Pro, Platinum, BIM, and Mechcanical.
What does this mean? Does it mean the command is available in these levels/versions?
Thank you!

Comments

• @Yumigal said:

What does this mean? Does it mean the command is available in these levels/versions?

I would say "yes". See here for example:
    https://help.bricsys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006656213-Bimify

• Per Gogstad
    edited June 2019

Yes, it shows what levels/versions of BricsCAD this command is available in.

• Haven't noticed that indication before.
    Knowing if a special functionality is included in
    your package or not is great info !

• Please notice that BricsCAD is always fully installed. Which commands are available depends on the license level: classic, pro, platinum, bim, mechanical. The 'ultimate' license level includes both bim and mechanical.
    The RunAsLevel command allows to run BricsCAD in a lower license level, e.g. for testing purposes (see https://help.bricsys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006700853-RunAsLevel).

• Thank you so much everyone!!! I have purchased "classic" since most of command (such as extrude) for basic 3D function seems to be included in these check boxes. However, when I use it I get error message saying "Modeling Functionality is not available". My trial period just ended and they cannot extend - my sales rep says. So I have purchased classic now. Prior to upgrade and pay for Pro level, I wanted to make sure. They have link of https://www.bricsys.com/en-intl/bricscad/compare/
    This says - "Familiar 2D/3D CAD functionality" seems to be available in all level... Looks like any 3D functionality has to be Pro level or above?
    Again, thank you soooo much for your responses. I really appreciate it.

• Michael Mayer
    edited June 2019

I can only explain in a way that you started DMEXTRUDE,
    where "DM" = Direct Modeling Tools, not included in Classic.
    Maybe because offered by Quad ?

While when I try from Menu : Model : 3D Solids : "Extrude"
    I get the old pure "Extrude" Command.

Does it work for you when you start Extrude from Command Line ?

• Thank you, Michael. Nope extrude (solid) is not working... I am directly typing in Extrude command too. Direct modeling is not available for classic level as you said!

• Michael Mayer
    edited June 2019

OK, so I don't think it currently works as intended (?)
    I think you should file a support request ....

When I restart my Bricscad in Classic only mode,
    there is nothing 3D Tools at all.
    I think that is because ACIS Solids aren't included in Classic ?

So Bricscad Help's "Familiar 2D/3D CAD functionality"
    maybe means just those Autocad 2.5D capabilities like
    Lines with a "height" definition and such ?
    (Something I am not experienced with at all)

I personally would immedeately starve using Bricscad, without all
    Direct Modeling and BIM features.
    But an option for Classic users and 3D, would be to use free Shape
    for 3D Modeling and import the DWG later into Bricscad Classic
    to create plans and 2D stuff with it.

• The V18 Help shows that a Pro or Platinum license is required for the _Extrude command. The V19 Help for the same command tells you it is available for all licenses. Obviously something has gone wrong here.

• Michael and Roy, thank you so much for your input! I will upgrade to Pro level! Thank you again!

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    The V18 Help shows that a Pro or Platinum license is required for the _Extrude command. The V19 Help for the same command tells you it is available for all licenses. Obviously something has gone wrong here.

Also doesn't consistently tell you which OS it will work on.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

• Michael Mayer
    edited June 2019

My trial period just ended and they cannot extend - my sales rep says.

Strange.
    I needed 3 Bricscad Releases of trials and had at least asked for 1 trial extension
    (successfully) before I bought Bricscad.

I will upgrade to Pro level!

I think that was a good choice for your needs.

Also doesn't consistently tell you which OS it will work on.

Yes, the release notes sometimes are also a bit misleading
    for operation systems other than Windows.

• Jason, Thank you so much for confirming!! I really appreciate it. This forum has been so helpful and I feel comfortable switching to BricsCAD from AutoCAD!! Thank you!