How to use Bimtag for furniture elements?

From my tests I see that bim tag can only be used on:

-walls ( wall type)
-slabs ( slabe type and surface)
-doors (name)
-windows (name)
If we try to tag a furnishing element command line displays:
"BIM element cannot be recognized."

How to use Bimtag for furniture elements?
At the same time, shouldn't it be more clear on the base model bim properties what strings and values are going to appear on the bim tag?

Thanks.

Comments

• There are some default BIMTAGs available for walls, slabs, columns, beams, etc. but it is perfectly possible to customize the BIMTAG or to add new ones.

BIMTAGs are created as multileader entities using multileader styles. The content of such multileader style is a block with attributes. Each attribute refers to a property of a BIM entity type. Some default BIMTAGs are created in the Bim/Sections folder in the support folder, e.g.:
    C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V18x64\en_US\Support\Bim\Sections.
    (Tip: you can alo type SUPPORTFOLDER in BricsCAD to open the support folder directly).

The drawing _SectionTag.dwg contains several Multileader styles like _WallTypeStyle, etc. Open the drawing explorer to see the Multileader styles. Each Multileader style refers to a block definition with attributes (e.g. _WallTag, etc.). The attribute refers to a property of a BIM entity type. In this drawing you can create your own Multileader styles or edit existing ones, e.g. you can change the block attributes using block edit (BEDIT).

Additionaly, there is a mapping file (_TagTypeToStyle.csv) in the support folder to map a Multileader style to a BIM entity type, for example _WallTypeStyle is by default mapped to the BIM_WALL entity type.

So in order to create a BIMTAG for furniture elements, you need to create your own Multileader style and block with attributes in the _SectionTag.dwg drawing, and add the mapping between the Multileader style and BIM_FURNISHING_ELEMENT.

Kind regards,
    Tiemen

• @Tiemen said:
    There are some default BIMTAGs available for walls, slabs, columns, beams, etc. but it is perfectly possible to customize the BIMTAG or to add new ones.

BIMTAGs are created as multileader entities using multileader styles. The content of such multileader style is a block with attributes. Each attribute refers to a property of a BIM entity type. Some default BIMTAGs are created in the Bim/Sections folder in the support folder, e.g.:
    C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V18x64\en_US\Support\Bim\Sections.
    (Tip: you can alo type SUPPORTFOLDER in BricsCAD to open the support folder directly).

The drawing _SectionTag.dwg contains several Multileader styles like _WallTypeStyle, etc. Open the drawing explorer to see the Multileader styles. Each Multileader style refers to a block definition with attributes (e.g. _WallTag, etc.). The attribute refers to a property of a BIM entity type. In this drawing you can create your own Multileader styles or edit existing ones, e.g. you can change the block attributes using block edit (BEDIT).

Additionaly, there is a mapping file (_TagTypeToStyle.csv) in the support folder to map a Multileader style to a BIM entity type, for example _WallTypeStyle is by default mapped to the BIM_WALL entity type.

So in order to create a BIMTAG for furniture elements, you need to create your own Multileader style and block with attributes in the _SectionTag.dwg drawing, and add the mapping between the Multileader style and BIM_FURNISHING_ELEMENT.

Kind regards,
    Tiemen

WOW!
    That's very flexible!
    I will check this.
    Great thanks.

• pedroloureiro
    edited July 2019

@Tiemen said:

Well, this seems to be my problem now.

Duplicating or copying multileader Styles is not allowed in bricscad. :(
    I created the multileader style and a new block attached to it.
    I updated the csv file with the multileader style.
    Now all tags are blank. I just did something wrong.

Can anyone update a _SectionTag.dwg with a Furnishing element tag?

• Ok I figured the problem.
    Editing the csv file caused the problem. Don't edit the file in excel…

Any text editor is better. :)

• For future users:

• bim tag doesn't work on brx layers
    • bim tag doesn't work on circle shapes or curved meshes
    • bim tag doesn't work on blocks inside blocks

If you want a block classified, everything inside must not be a block and muist be unclassified.

If you follow this it's a extraordinary tool. Very flexible!