BIM components thumbnail doesn't work

Hello, I am an architect use Linux a lot. I love Bricscad very much.

When I test the BIM function, the BIM components thumbnail doesn't work, on windows pc, there is no problem.

Does anyone have the same problem as me?

Comments

• @Sitian Xiang said:
    Hello, I am an architect use Linux a lot. I love Bricscad very much.

When I test the BIM function, the BIM components thumbnail doesn't work, on windows pc, there is no problem.

Does anyone have the same problem as me?

• I upload a screenshot, please take a look.

• Hello Sitian,

I would suspect something went wrong with copying the thumbnails from installation to user data.

In the en_US installation, thumbnails should be in /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v19/UserDataCache/Support/en_US/Bim/Components/.resources
    On first run of BricsCAD these should be copied to ~/Bricsys/BricsCAD/V19x64/en_US/Support/Bim/Components/.resources
    (For other languages, replace en_US by the language code de_DE, fr_FR, ja_JP, zh_TW ...)

The copy step only happens on first run of BricsCAD (per major version, per language).
    This copy-on-first-run scheme can go wrong. If an early BricsCAD version has incomplete resources in the installation, the Support folder can be created with incomplete contents. Even if the resources are added to the installation in a later version, there will not be a 'first run' anymore.

In BricsCAD enter the command SUPPORTFOLDER to open ~/Bricsys/BricsCAD/V19x64/en_US/Support/ in a filebrowser.
    Inside that location, go down in Bim/Components. There should be a hidden folder .resources (lucky shot: hit CTRL+H to toggle visibility of hidden files/folders). I guess the .resources folder is missing or empty.

Can you try to manually copy this .resources folder
    from
    /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v19/UserDataCache/Support/en_US/Bim/Components/
    to
    ~/Bricsys/BricsCAD/V19x64/en_US/Support/Bim/Components/
    ?

Alternatively you could erase the support folder, then BricsCAD should act as in the first run. But that way you would loose changes you may have done in the support folder.

If this does not help, please enter a support request.

Regards
    Tijs

• Hello Tijs:

Your answer solve my problem perfectly, thank you very much!